Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Don't bake steroids at 250 degrees F!

Realgains

FYI
I friend of mine is a pathologist in the hospital that I work in and yes he has used gear.
We got to talking about sterilizing steriods, especailly home brewed tren. He says that baking tren or any steroid at 250 degrees F is not a good thing at all. He says that it will denature some of the hormone. He went on to recommend pasturization at between 150 to 170 degrees F for 30 minutes. Buy a candy thermometer and heat water to this temperature range then put the vials in the water. Before doing this be sure to withdraw air from the vial to allow for safe temperature expansion of the remaining air.

Interestingly Bill Roberts says the exact same thing.:)

Never baked my shit before but what about sticking a pin in to vent it? Could you do that and take it out before you remove the heat so it doesn't suck something back in if it cools before the pin is out?

Don't know about the temp thing, sounds good though...For the air expansion I just leave the needle tip in to let the air escape. Good post though, I'd like to hear more about this.

Ya leaving a pin in the vail is a great idea but be sure to cover the majority of the vial with the hot water.

BIll Roberts says that even a few minutes at 170 degree F will kill the bacteria but that the oil will need time to reach this temp thus the 30 minutes. This is what is done to kill the bugs in milk and milk can have some pretty nasty bacteria in it.

My buddy says that this temp will not destroy heat spores but either will 250 degree. Luckily spores are few and far between

My pathologist friend added that a .2 micron filter will also do the trick.:) I'll ask him if this will trap spores

Last edited:
micron filter

so if the .45 micron filter will do then trick ... i guess that means the whole heating this is pointless since that is what all the kits come with. i guess if you like to overkill then do both.

i use hot tap water and my tap the water temp comes out to about 160Fahrenheit. i stick the amps in their for 5 minutes and injections go super smooth.

Re: micron filter

in-progress said:
so if the .45 micron filter will do then trick ... i guess that means the whole heating this is pointless since that is what all the kits come with. i guess if you like to overkill then do both.

My pathogist pal recommends both just to be extra safe. He says.... filters can and have failed and if too much syringe pressure if exerted by an inexperienced user then some bacteria may spill over and through the filter.

Here is a quote that will raise a flame or two......My bud again and not me fella's...." Anyone that recommends baking steroids at 250 degree F doesn't have a F-ing clue about how steroids degrade and oxidize under temperature. Trenbolone acetate will oxidize greatly at temperatures of 212"

Interestingly these same guys that put the filters in their kits also say 250 is a safe temp!

so if the .45 micron filter will do then trick ... i guess that means the whole heating this is pointless since that is what all the kits come with. i guess if you like to overkill then do both

nope the syringe filter does nothing to stop bacteria getting through. and a .45 micron filter is even to large to stop a lot of the fillers from getting through. a .22 syringe filter is what should be used.

Re: Re: micron filter

How about asking your buddy exactly how, ie what the mechanism is for the "denaturing" at these temps? i would like to know. BTW, where is the oxygen coming from and what are the by products of this chemical reaction? I think everyone would like to know. This is not a flame but is just making your buddy subject to backing up his opinion just like the rest of us otherwise his opinions are just that, opinions, unsubstantiated and worthless. BTW, i will freely admit that I do not have a clue about the degradation and oxidation of steroids so would apprecaite some scientific enlightenment. :)

Realgains said:

My pathogist pal recommends both just to be extra safe. He says.... filters can and have failed and if too much syringe pressure if exerted by an inexperienced user then some bacteria may spill over and through the filter.

Here is a quote that will raise a flame or two......My bud again and not me fella's...." Anyone that recommends baking steroids at 250 degree F doesn't have a F-ing clue about how steroids degrade and oxidize under temperature. Trenbolone acetate will oxidize greatly at temperatures of 212"

Interestingly these same guys that put the filters in their kits also say 250 is a safe temp!

Last edited:
Top Bottom