Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does tea affect your supplements?

TheCortexReaver

Some people say that you should not take yourmedicines with tea, because it can make them work too well. So can Itake my supplements with tea, or only water? Sometimes it is just abit pain in the ass to go get water when I already got tea by myside. THanks

Indeed tannins that are found in tea and coffee can affect the way medicines and supplements work, both in a good way, and in a bad one. Therefore, it is best to chase down your supplements and medicines with water. In fact, when some medicines are chased down with tea, your heart can get strained.

The tannins naturally found in tea and coffee can prevent certain vitamins, drugs and supplements from being properly absorbed. The tannins bind to the supplement and prevent them from being absorbed.

For that reason, you should always take your supplements and drugs with water.

I have never heard of anything other than grapefruit juice for increasing potency from anything. Sounds like tea may have the opposite effect.

Top Bottom