Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does tanning help hiding old acne marks?

growing up on the beach, i have seen many types of tans.

If you have a tendency to be red when tanned, instead of brown, it brings out the acne more. If you brown well, then go for it.

atwa said:
im sure that it wouldnt hurt anything.
actually, in the short term, yes getting a good tan will help hide some old discoloration from acne, but in the long run, it makes it worse because the sunlight will basically tan that blemish under the skin, only preventing it from fading naturally. first thing a dermatologist will tell you is to put sunscreen all over your body to help your skin.

natural tanning will actually decrease the condition of your skin, the marks should eventually fade unless they were really really bad, in which case call your plastic surgeon

retin-A helps if you can get it. Otherwise, if it's just red marks, they'll fade over time. It may take awhile, just be patient.

i know they fade overtime...but i hate it when they're still there, looking for some temporary fix that doesn't hurt its natural healing

Hey bro I would think tanning would work. Or at least I hope so I am on my third month of accutane and I see marks and scars from on my back and sholders from where its clearing up! I just hope this shit works well, I mean I still have three more months! How many months did it take for the you guys who have taken accutane to get all cleared up!

Mass Monster

I think I'm one of the persons out there to react so slowly on this drug...it took me 5 months to get totally cleared up, seriously i still have cysts here and there at the end of my 4th month, things didn't seem to get better until the beginning-mid of the 5th month....i was so discouraged cuz i thought it's not gonna work but this is really a miracle drug, accutane's good shit, be patient and it'll be worth it~

dont tan too much if your acne marks are fresh or still have obvious fresh new skin or scar tissue because this new skin doesnt tan like the regular skin. it can leave pretty permanent purple coloration instead of an even tan if the mark is pretty bad, but short term will help cover up (like tanning friday to go out friday night)

Top Bottom