Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Does anyone here have a american bulldog

noltonr

New member
so I am getting new puppy next week can somebody tell me about american bulldogs. I can already tell by looking at the adults that they are some pretty swole dogs and i hear that they are also great guard dogs :D
 
I'd suggest people do a lot of reading on a breed before buying a pup to make sure it's a good match for your family. Stilleto has an american bull.
 
noltonr said:
so I am getting new puppy next week can somebody tell me about american bulldogs. I can already tell by looking at the adults that they are some pretty swole dogs and i hear that they are also great guard dogs :D

Unless you have lots experience with larger breed dogs and you have researched what it takes to own an American Bull (which it doesn't sound like you have) I would say do not get one. If you have done all of the above.....then I think you will LOVE the dog. I just think it's sad when someone gives up a dog because it is too much for them to handle. People should be properly prepared when taking on such a responsibility. I wanted to get one, but ended up moving to a place where I couldn't have one. I contacted breeders in the area, went to weekly training sessions with a breeder, etc. I think they are amazing dogs, just a lot to handle.
 
There good dogs... My buddy has one.. Its very athletic, very loyal, pretty laid back dog. Not aggressive at all.. Its protective of its home and owner but not in a harmful way.. I have two dogs, a lab and a bull mastiff and the american bulldog gets along fine with both of them.
 
Pound for pound the strongest dogs alive. Although they are short and stubby, they can weight eighty pounds. Use to take down bulls and bison etc. Have a bite that will hold onto anything. But from what I understand, they don't bite much.
 
eat big said:
Pound for pound the strongest dogs alive. Although they are short and stubby, they can weight eighty pounds. Use to take down bulls and bison etc. Have a bite that will hold onto anything. But from what I understand, they don't bite much.

80lbs? Full grown males commonly get up to 100 - 120lbs.
 
Damn. Didn't know they got that big. They aren't that tall or long either. Just very stocky. Low center of gravity.
 
eat big said:
Damn. Didn't know they got that big. They aren't that tall or long either. Just very stocky. Low center of gravity.

Shoot! Some of them are breed to be bigger than that! Some breeders brag of having 140 + pound specimens. Although, I believe once they are breed to be that size the health of the animal has to come into consideration.
 
Alpine said:
Shoot! Some of them are breed to be bigger than that! Some breeders brag of having 140 + pound specimens. Although, I believe once they are breed to be that size the health of the animal has to come into consideration.

Generally speaking, the larger the dog, the shorter the life span.
 
Alpine said:
Unless you have lots experience with larger breed dogs and you have researched what it takes to own an American Bull (which it doesn't sound like you have) I would say do not get one. If you have done all of the above.....then I think you will LOVE the dog. I just think it's sad when someone gives up a dog because it is too much for them to handle. People should be properly prepared when taking on such a responsibility. I wanted to get one, but ended up moving to a place where I couldn't have one. I contacted breeders in the area, went to weekly training sessions with a breeder, etc. I think they are amazing dogs, just a lot to handle.
I had too rottweilers in the past
 
EDIT....THEY AINT UGLY...I WAS THINKING OF THAT SPUDS MCKENZIE DOG..THAT SHIT IS UGLY.
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom