Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doc says bacteriostatic water is for pussies!

Rico

I casually asked my doctor yesterday (who knows I juice and even advocates it) if there was any advantage to reconstituting my growth hormone with bacteriostatic water rather than the sterile water that comes with the kit. He basically told me, that if bacteriostatic water worked better, it would have been included in the GH kit to begin with. It was his opinion that as long as the GH is refrigerated after constitution it should be good for 6 or 7 days, which is longer than it takes to use the whole thing anyway. He claims that the reason the instructions say to use within 24 hours is because the GH is prescribed for AIDS patients who already have immune deficiencies and is basically a liability issue.....People with healthy immune systems shouldn't have any problems with a refrigerated sterile water solution according to him. His main point was, the people at Serono determined that sterile water works best with Serostim.....so use it.

Tell him Ulter said he's wrong. The reason Serono doesn't include bac-static water is because the vials are not multi-use vials. They are meant to be injected all at once (read the label). Since few of us have aids we don't take the whole vial at once we split it and we need to store it for longer than a day. Bacteriostatic Water will let you preserve the gh for longer.

I realize that the vial says to use within 24 hours.......however- Do you really think a product with a shelf life of over 2 years before being mixed is really going to lose anything in 4 or 5 days after being reconstituted with the sterile water provided? Personally, I don't.

I realize that the vial says to use within 24 hours.......however- Do you really think a product with a shelf life of over 2 years before being mixed is really going to lose anything in 4 or 5 days after being reconstituted with the sterile water provided?
Yes. Water will "kill" many compounds very fast.

Ask Bill Roberts:

GH and bacteriostatic water

Hello,

Have you heard anything about using bacteriostatic water to make Serostim last longer...it says use sterile saline, but if you use bacteriostatic will it work? Will it go bad?

Bart

The ingredients in bacteriostatic water will damage GH. Sterile saline should be used.

Rico, if bill is correct, then howcome when you look at the serostim docs (http://www.aidswasting.com/aids/serostim/html/frame_about1.html?pi.html)

It states the following:

Stability and storage:
Before constitution: Vials of Serostim and diluent should be stored at room temperature (15-30C/59-86f). Expiration dates are stated on product labels.
After reconstitution with sterile water for injection, USP: When serostim is reconstituted with sterile water for injection. USP, the reconstituted solution should be used immediatly and any unused portion should be discarded.
After reconstitution with bacteriostatic water for injection, USP (0.9% Benzyl Alcohol): When serostim is reconstituted with bacteriostatic water for injection, USP (0.9% Benzyl Alcohol), the reconstituted solution should be stored under refrigeration (2-8C/36-46f) for up to 14 days.
Avoid freezing reconstituted vials of serostim.

Guys i live in a very hot climate so i store my Serostim GH vials in the fridge before it is reconstituted, would this damage it?

Peace,

Bacteriostatic water is only necessary if you plan on using the vial more than once. If not, then sterile water for injection will work just fine, but make sure that it is sterile water for injection!

Benzyl alcohol might attack peptides, but i doubt it. I make my own water at 0.4%BA, but i can tell you with certainty you will never have a problem using straight water. Hell, even water straight from a grocery store distilled water bottle would be fine 99.999% of the time. Junkies shoot tap water off old spoons with cigarette filters from 100x used needles yet rarely get infections, and their immune systems are compromised.

Top Bottom