Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you listen to music? Does it help?

I absolutely CAN NOT do cardio without music. after 5 mins i just get bored as hell. Lifing i can manage without music though, but i'd rather have my own music just to keep out the crap that's played in my gym.

When I train at MY gym...I have 9 cd's to choose from. All filled with ACDC, Metallica, and the such.

One day a week I train at the local "fitness center" that plays pop Greek music. Once I get started, I don't hear anything anyway. If you are "in focus" you shouldn't hear anything.

Guinness5.0 said:
I HAVE to have music. I go into my little shell and it's just me and the weights. There could be a dozen morons hovering around but I don't notice 'em at all when some Systen of a Down is screaming in my ears. I go so far as to cue a song, then wait for a particular part to begin the set. So to me I do think it affects performance - it would feel foreign to me not to have it.

I agree w/ you guiness- Crank up the music, drown out the crap music in the gym/ and all the other people. I like it because when I have my headphones in people just leave me alone, I feel like I can focus. Love to work out to System of a Down, Disturbed, & Rage Against the Machine! :evil:
Sarita

Sarita said:
I agree w/ you guiness- Crank up the music, drown out the crap music in the gym/ and all the other people. I like it because when I have my headphones in people just leave me alone, I feel like I can focus. Love to work out to System of a Down, Disturbed, & Rage Against the Machine! :evil:
Sarita

SOAD & Disturbed are great.

G5 wouldn't know nothin' 'bout SOAD though. ;)

Gotta' have the music. I don't use it to get psyched up though nearly as much as I used to. I used to really crank it, get all crazy, and appraoch the lift. And I"d do that every day on at least a couple of sets. Then I read that using too much excitation can actually burn you out. So now I've retrained myself to lift w/ intensity w/out going balls-out shit crazy. I still do it now and then, but only if I"m really trying to peak. Smarter, not harder. ;)

Choices? As I Lay Dying, DevilDriver, Meshuggah, Disturbed/Godsmack (same band, right? Lol), Judas Priest, etc.

Ahh, an As I Lay Dying fan, huh? You might like some of this stuff then...

SkyCameFalling (best band ever), InDyingDays, Atreyu (old stuff, fucking sellouts - I was close with the lead singer when they played small venues back here on LI - now, pfffftttt), Zao (yeah, go Christian metalcore), Alove For Enemies, Nothingface, Mudvayne, Hopesfall (great melodic metalcore), Every Time I Die, Anterrabe (I'm picky here, but their name sounds cool), DownTheSun, Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, Curlupanddie (Vegas represent, word), Comeback Kid (kinda happy, not metalcore but it's fun - beware though, it's Canadian), and Caliban.

Christ there are more than I thought.

You know, I was wondering why I stopped bringing my ipod with me, and today the gym decided to remind me. I kid you not, N'sync, followed by backstreet boys, with britiny or someone close to finish.......I almost went to the desk to ask em to turn it off till those particular bands were finished..

s8nlilhlpr said:
You know, I was wondering why I stopped bringing my ipod with me, and today the gym decided to remind me. I kid you not, N'sync, followed by backstreet boys, with britiny or someone close to finish.......I almost went to the desk to ask em to turn it off till those particular bands were finished..
You think that's bad? At my old gym it was more like sweatin' to the 1950's! EEEK! GAD!

Top Bottom