Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you listen to music? Does it help?

chicknlegs said:
I used to, and I think it did help me concentrate more on getting fired up and pushing that bit extra.
The only reason I stopped is because I was using an iPod and: 1. I could never get it in a comfortable position, arm strap or pocket and 2. The headphones would get it the way, especially when doing deadlifts and squats.

run the headphones under your shirt and if you can get a way to clip the ipod on your hip to the side you are golden.

Hell, yeah, it works. Try working out to "Hand Jive" (at this yuppy gym I was at) as opposed to "Enter Sandman" (along with other bad ass shit on my MP3 player). There is a distinct difference on how it effects your intensity.

My gym plays a bunch of black-eyed peas and techno so I really should get an iPod to drain them out. Usually in between sets I eavesdrop on other people's converstations and silently pray to God that I found these forums. Other times I'll just watch other people and see what they're doing. People are funny, they definitely make the time go by.

I love techno. Only my kind've techno, though. Not the generic club/trance/dance shit.

Yeah I don't mind some techno, but the kind this gym plays is pretty damn lousy. It's basically just a bunch of shitty songs remixed to try and sound like club music. I'd much prefer they just play death metal.

I change songs almost every time I'm changing exercises - could not make it w/out my music - if I leave my iPod on my desk then I am going back to get it - simple as that

Dposey said:
Yeah I don't mind some techno, but the kind this gym plays is pretty damn lousy. It's basically just a bunch of shitty songs remixed to try and sound like club music. I'd much prefer they just play death metal.

Death metal gets on my nerves. Now metalcore... :p

Buttrock Goa is the best techno there is.

I need my MP3 player as well. Between my sets I'll take off the headset and load up the weights/talk to my workout partner, but as soon as the bar is in front of me and it's time to focus, I put my headset on, skip to a track that I know will light a fire under my ass and get in the zone.

This is most important when I deadlift and squat. I have a song ready, I walk up to the bar and picture myself accomplishing my goal for the set, then I'll wait for the music to kick in and it's my cue to make it happen.

I honestly think that music can make the difference between the bar going up, or staying on the floor.

I require some fast metal while Im at the gym, it doesn't so much help me with weighs as with the cardio though. When Im on the bike and a killer riff starts playing at high speed I up the level on the bike from 9 to 12 and pump along at 100rpm until I get up to the 155ish bpm range.

I like old school thrash, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Testament but also alot of Death Metal Bloodbath, Lamb of God, Devildriver etc...

The music at my gym is simply fabulous and euro remixes of ashley simpson get me pumped for those tough stairmaster sessions.

as a trigger the right music can make a huge difference but for me, once the set starts everything fades out of focus.

Top Bottom