Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do steroids lower immune system?

Just finished test e 10 weeker,2 colds my wife and kids had passed right over me so far,ALA might help too,so far I would say it has boosted my Immune system.Plus I also work in a bar so alot of germs in public there.WASHING your HANDS alot,goes a long way to not getting sick.

Corticosteroids decrease immune function, that is a fact. In medical lingo, the term "steroids" refers specifically more to corticosteroids rather than anabolic steroids. Your pharmacist friend was definitely referring to corticosteriods since their conventional use is anti-inflammatory. However, that is not to say anabolic steroids cannot reduce immune function through indirect means by a host of other factors. The general consensus in the medical field is that anabolics when used safely and monitored are really no big deal and are indicated in a variety of chronic wasting diseases. Just be smart about anything you do and monitor the side effects that can lead to long term damage (bp, cholesterol, hepatotoxicity, etc.)

My immune sys seems to be better while on test, but I take about 6000-10000mg of vitamin C broken up throughtout the day and that seems to help. I bounce in clubs and if I drop the VitC it's easier to catch stuff from all the germs in these places. Try some high dose C and see if it helps!

I work in a hospital ER, up until my cycle i had had a cold once in 5 years thanks to building up an immunity to all the germs. On my first cycle I managed to get sick 3 times in 10 weeks. I dont know if its a coincidence...but it sucked.

also a pharmacist.

imo the change in immune cell distribution outweighs the immunosupression you et from classical corticos etc

also im v tired

nite

I find that I get sick very often while on a cycle, It usually happens within the first 2-3 weeks of starting. I just started and I was getting over one cold and just got another one. I'm always soo paranoid of getting sick that my wife who is a school teacher laughs at me, but I feel like I catch everything!

str8cubano said:
This might be a silly question, but from all the research I have done, it never came up. My friend that is a pharmacist sais this is the first thing you learn in school. I never used to get sick. not like this. THis is the 6th time I am sick or catch a cold since august. I am also on an anavar cyce. (I have seriously gotten sick 3 times during this 10-12 week cycle. Combined with the fact that I am a school teacher can't possible help my immune system. I used to get sick, but not like now, where I literally get sick 8-10 times a year..at least once every 1-2 months. Blood work is fine, I don't have STD's. The only thing I can come up with is steroids...I dont' get it..I take multi-vitamin, eat right, excercise....but this is to the point where it is ridiculous...I have been teaching for 4 years now, and one would think my immune system would be strong as hell. It has never been worse..I really don't know what to do next except quit everything all together and see what happens 3 years from now, and literally count the times I get sick...

Might be the anavar.. First time I tired it this cycle @70mg/day I been really sick now for almost a week.. I've been running test e with it 400mg/wk .. But I dropped the var and upped the test to 500.. I dont knwo if that will help but it seems like it was the var

Yea, I went to the doc today and he said it was simply a combo of not enough rest ( I usually need 8-10 hours to feel god ) and during the week I get only 6-7, and being around kids all the time....they give me high five's, the little ones run up and give me hugs sometimes, and being in that evironment everyday doesnt help......hmmm. He said anabolic steroids don't lower immune system that much, at least not enough to give me a reason to stop them "Becasue it lowers my immune system"....this sucks..I hate being sick

Top Bottom