Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do material items define who you are? does your car say anything about you? etc..

I am not my nice clothes. I am not my nice car. I am not my nice job. I am not my nice electronic gizmos.

I am me who wears my nice clothes, drives my nice car, has my nice job, and plays with my nice electronic gizmos.

I am me. I define me.

A person can't be defined solely by his material possessions and social status, but a person also cannot be solely defined by "what's inside."

No one can say that he'd be the same person he is if stripped of everything unless he already had nothing.

Do my material possessions make me more of a man? No. Do they make me less of a man? No.

They make me more of me.

-Warik

I judge people on character. But in your case your ever-cuddly wittitisms automatically gives you a shoe in.
=o

Satanic Goatslayer said:
I sure hope not, because I have next to nothing.

People who judge others based on material posessions alone should have a fireplace poker shoved handle-deep into their rectum.

Reactions: Cut
When I lived in San Francisco, people asked me what street I lived on.
When I lived in New York people would look at my shoes.
Now that I live in Texas people notice what I drive.

well i got more looks than i expected in toronto and new york (i think it was my clothes, but not in a bad way).

my b/f says if he didn't know me he'd think i have more money than i do (note to self, stop buying clothes for a while) LOL

but seeing as i have no car currently that ought to read as being kinda student-ish, which would be correct. :)

I am all that and more. I am a good person that does what I believe to be best for everyone involved. BUT, I am self centered enough to know that most people aren't as good as I am or as smart as I am or as nice looking as I am so I want something for it. My shit makes me feel better. Materially, I am shallow, but as a person, I am as deep as anybody. I just happen to want something for it because I recognize that it is rare. So, I get it for me myself. V8 Wrangler, 455 69 vert Firebird, 94 CBR F2, 77 Taylor Jetboat, 62 Impala, 66GTO

I drive a Geo, worth maybe 2K, but that allows me to buy Omna........lol. Much more important to me.

delts2

Actually I really don't own anything right now .. and it feels good! I have SOME clothes (I didn't take everything in the breakup), I have my car, I have my gear. That's it.

What's inside of me is a desire to help people .. and perhaps I'm too nice to a fault, because people take advantage of me, but the lives that you touch and make a difference in is far more important than anything you can own.

The hours that I work translate into money, and money leads me down a road of luxury...So in that sense, all of the "stuff" I have defines me as someone who works their ass off.

Does it make me better than, say, another man? No. But with each "thing" I am able to have, with each new luxury I am able to afford, I become a little bit better myself...

In a free, competitive society, one must always be aware of what they have...but remember that "things," too, are just a means to and end--the END being happiness.

I am happier driving my silver Camaro than I would be in a piece of sh*t car...I am happier watching DVDs than I was watching video tapes...I am happier wearing Tommy Hilfiger clothes than I would be in Wal-Mart stuff--but that's just me...

:eek: :D :angel:

Top Bottom