Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do ALA based products cause heartburn?

Vinod

I have been taking XLA, which is a product that uses R-ALA and it seems to be giving me heartburn. I'm almost 100% it's not being caused by something else. Is this normal, and if so, is there anything that can be done to neutralize this problem (short of constantly taking antacid).

thanks

If I have a LOT I mean A LOT of ala i will get heartburn or a warmness. I find if i drink water that goes away.

i get heartburn when taken on an empty stomach... most so with reg. ala... but thats only because i take it in higher doeses than the R+ variety

I have acid reflux disease, so I'm extremely sensitive to acidic substances. With normal ALA I would get bad heartburn if I didn't take the ALA before the meal. I don't get it much at all with r-ALA now, but if I ever do, it's because I took it after eating. Just make sure you take it first and drink plenty of water with it. If you still run into problems then I guess an antacid is going to be needed if you still want to use it.

Is it worth it? Do you guys feel the benefits of ALA outweigh the heartburn? Does ALA actually let you eat plenty of carbs and still burn fat? I'm a little confused as to what this stuff actually does.

i beleieve one of the few side effects listed for ALA is gastric irritation which would manifest as 'heartburn' :) in fact the only other one i read was smelly urine....i dodnt read anything about the long term effects of the irritaton but i would imagine its benign.

but i read it only happens at higher dosages. what levels are you taking it at, what else is in this XLA stuff (might be enhancing the irritation). maybe try drinkning it with a little milk?

Top Bottom