Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Difference Between Usnic Acid & Sodium Usniate?

Sodium usniate is the salt of usnic acid, to use chemical terminology. It dissociates in the body to release the active ingredient, usnic acid.

Salts are often used to deliver basic or acidic pharmaceuticals. The salts are usually stable, easy to clean via recrystallization, and the salts are water soluble so they can be absorbed orally.

Ephedrine HCl is another supplement delivered in the salt form.
It is a salt of the parent amine (ephedrine) and HCl.

www.cuttingedgemuscle.com

Do you mean between usnic acid and usnate? They are really the same thing and will give the same results, if any. There are no clinal trials that I am aware of that have shown usnic acid/usnate does anything in the way of fat burning, even though it does act as a weak mitochondrial uncoupler, like a weak DNP. There are plenty of anecdotal reports that it works so it's probably worth a try.

Some people stack it with ephedrine or ECA, taking the ECA in the early part of the day and the usnic/usnate at night. This avoids insomnia caused by ECA.

www.cuttingedgemuscle.com

Curious---

If I didnt get a rash or respond negatively to usnic acid is it possible for me to react negatively to sodium usnate?

That seems unlikely. I've heard people complain of rashes while using either one, usually with high doses. Maybe the usnate that gave you the rash was not dosed properly. You could have been getting more than you thought you were.

Sorry for confusion.

I DIDNT get a rash from usnic acid. And I am thinking about starting sodium usinate---do you think its possible for me to get a rash?

If I take it Ill work up to 1g per day, in two 500 mg. doses.

Top Bottom