Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dieting on High Carbs???

I've never got this carb sensitivity stuff?

Consider the logic. Suppose your on a 500 cal deficit. You consume carbs, this jacks your insulin, you store the carbs as fat (on assumption of extreme carb sensitivity: metabolic syndrome etc).

2 possibilities:

(1) you have no stored glycogen - because you store all carbs as fat - so you burn fat as your body doesn't have carbs to use. Either way you still burn fat, and on a 500 cal deficit, you still lose fat. Let's say pound per week (if u only lose fat).

(2) you have no stored glycogen - because you store all carbs as fat - but your insulin is so jacked you can't oxidise fat. Your body only uses muscle cells for energy.

But your in a calorie deficit. So all the calorie deficit is fueled by muscle protein as your elevated insulin prevents fat oxidation. But a pound of muscle is only 600 calories (mainly water; muscle is 4 cals per g: see 3500 Calories: A Pound of Fat or Six Pounds Of Muscle?), so you lose 3500/600=5.8lbs of muscle per week.

The second scenario strikes me as VERY unlikely.

believe me, ive been dieting since 1999 and have tried everything. i have to eat very low calorie and very low carb to make body fat loses. ive maintained over 200 pounds with under 12% bf on less than 2300 calories a day and im 5'5". everyone is different, ive figured my body out. its just the way i am. i know a close friend who is going for his pro card who eats 200 grams of protein a day, 250 grams of carbs a day, and 50 grams of fat. hes 5'6", 190, 6% bf- everyone is different. in his opinion, show him someone who needs 3500 calories a day to maintain their bodyweight and he says they must have a hole in their stomach.

also, in place of the carbs im taking in upwards of 120 grams of fats a day. look up dave palumbos diet schemes. they work for nearly everyone who uses them, including dave who is 260 and like 4% bf. my body is not chewing up muscle by 6 pounds a week. that whole scenario is in a vacuum and fortunately for us, life doesnt happen in a pitri dish in a lab.

believe me, ive been dieting since 1999 and have tried everything. i have to eat very low calorie and very low carb to make body fat loses. ive maintained over 200 pounds with under 12% bf on less than 2300 calories a day and im 5'5". everyone is different, ive figured my body out. its just the way i am. i know a close friend who is going for his pro card who eats 200 grams of protein a day, 250 grams of carbs a day, and 50 grams of fat. hes 5'6", 190, 6% bf- everyone is different. in his opinion, show him someone who needs 3500 calories a day to maintain their bodyweight and he says they must have a hole in their stomach.

also, in place of the carbs im taking in upwards of 120 grams of fats a day. look up dave palumbos diet schemes. they work for nearly everyone who uses them, including dave who is 260 and like 4% bf. my body is not chewing up muscle by 6 pounds a week. that whole scenario is in a vacuum and fortunately for us, life doesnt happen in a pitri dish in a lab.

You're correct! Every one is different and different at different times. I know people who also are carbs sensitive and have to maintain very low carbs in their diet.
I consider myself average with a high metabolism. I usually have 150g carbs and can lose weigh, where there have been times when consume 400g of cho and lose weight.
Great you were able to figure out what works for you!

Top Bottom