Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

diet program to lose some major poundage!

ladyluck

Hey,
I am new to the board and would really like some help with a diet program. I have just started going to the gym twice a day. Lift in the a.m. and cardio in the p.m. I have lost some weight but have a goal to lose 20 more. What kind of ideas do you guys have? Lady

I am assuming you are a woman...I will be glad to help, yet I think the women's board will be much more effective for personal needs.

Now, as far as diet: You can try using, a simple Isocaloric diet: 40/30/30 (protein/carbs/fats)
Wont all that fat make me fat? you might ask...No, because the 30% will ALL come from EFA's such as:
flaxseed oil, sesamese seed oil, sunflowerseed oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, peanut oil

For your 30% carbohydrates:
Low-GI carbs: oatmeal, brown-rice, yams, beans, sweet-potato , pasta , veggies

Proteins: Chicken breasts (no skin), tuna, turkey breasts, egg whites, lean steak (i.e. beef eye round near 4 g fat per serving)

Where do you get these magic ratios from?
Well, you take your weight and multiply it by 12=your daily calorie intake
EX: 120lbs. person x 12= 1440 cals a day
EX: 1440 cal 40% of which is from protein/ 30% from carbs and 30% from fat
1440 x .40=576 cal from protein
protein has 4cal/g
576 divided by 4=144g protein a day
1440 x .30=432 cal from carbs
carbs have 4cal/g
432 divided by 4=108 carbs a day
1440 x .30=432 cal from fats
fats have 9cal/g
432 divided by 9=48 g fat a day
EX: based on 120 lbs. woman, you can adjust it as you wish.

Remember, for women especially, more exercise seems to do more harm than good...so, stick to a 3-4 times a week routine for now, and don't starve yourself, because once your body is in starvation mode, it's hard to even maintain current weight.

Mr.X:cool:

thanks Mr. X

Thanks for the advice....I am a woman and did post on the womens board. I just wanted to see what everyones opionions on the subject are. Thanks again.

any other advice would be appreciated.

ladyluck said:
Hey,
I am new to the board and would really like some help with a diet program. I have just started going to the gym twice a day. Lift in the a.m. and cardio in the p.m. I have lost some weight but have a goal to lose 20 more. What kind of ideas do you guys have? Lady
1 thing I'd tell you is to switch the cardio to am and lifting to pm if you can. Also, the best book on the market for someone trying to drop fat is the metabolic diet by mauro dipasquale-it contains tons of sample menus.

welcome Newbie...

Id just like to cofirm to you that the advice provided by Mr. X, Diamondiceclay, and cozmocramer are valid and from advice recieved by all three i lost 40lbs in 8.5 weeks.

Good Luck...and switch Cardio to Am and weights to PM.

Cardio on an empty stomach in the morning is excellent for fat loss.

Try to do moderate cardio maintaining 65-70% of max heart rate (max heart rate = 220-age) for up to 60 mins in the mornings. As the cardio required to maintain 65-70% of max heart rate is not very strenuous you should be able to work up to doing 60 mins relatively quickly.

Try to do the cardio over 3 times a week (in the morning) and that should work very well.

Top Bottom