Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

diet pepsi

gymrat

I never drink cola, but since going low carb a diet pepsi seems to really hit the spot.

I've been drinking a can of diet pepsi twist every day.

What's the difference between diet pepsi, and pepsi One???

Pepsi ONE (8 fl. oz)
Contains: Carbonated water, caramel color, natural and artificial flavors, phosphoric acid, aspartame, citric acid, sodium benzoate (preserves freshness), caffeine and acesulfame potassium.

Calories 1
Total Fats (g) 0
Sodium (mg) 30
Potassium (mg) 20
Total Carbohydrates (g) 0
Sugars (g) 0
Protein (g) 0
Caffeine (mg) 37

Diet Pepsi (8 fl. oz)
Contains: Carbonated water, caramel color, aspartame, phosphoric acid, potassium benzoate (preserves freshness), caffeine, citric acid and natural flavors.

Calories 0
Total Fat (g) 0
Sodium (mg) 25
Potassium (mg) 20
Sugars (g) 0
Protein (g) 0
Caffeine (mg) 24

:)

The Difference Is...

The difference is that one is bad for you and the other is worse. It doesn't matter which. When I low-carb, I drink them, too, can't help it but there is a strong belief by the ultra-serious low-carb community (usenet, etc) and by Dr Atkins, that aspartame somehow interferes with ketosis which is the whole point of low-carbing for most people trying to cut bf% down.

Low-carb'ing, in general, helps if a person was over-carb'ing before, but if one isn't going to get into ketosis for 6 days or so (ckd style recomp on day 7) then I don't get the point of it? Carbs are energy. Either NORMAL carb, or get into KETOSIS with VERY LOW carb so fat is used as energy.

I think it's common knowledge now that long-term ketosis wreaks havoc on the system, but along the lines of BodyOpus and Anabolic Diet, it's fine.

Oh yeah, the point is....stay away from em both if you can. Check out SoBe Lean and check into some Splenda (which is probably just as bad for you but Atkins recommends it so it MUST be good, right?! lol)

B

Jest Da Facts, Ma'am

Gymtime, where'd ya get that info? Is it more of a 'common sense' deduction, or are you going by anything a little more reliable? From what I understand, aspartame will have no effect on some peoples' descent into ketosis, but others it will affect significantly. That's why you might think there's nothing wrong with a can, and why Atkins or others who've done some testing might say it's better to avoid it.

I'd like to think Atkins wants us to avoid Aspartame because he has a secret deal with the manufacturer's of Splenda. ;)

B

good good

KEL said:
Pepsi ONE (8 fl. oz)
Contains: Carbonated water, caramel color, natural and artificial flavors, phosphoric acid, aspartame, citric acid, sodium benzoate (preserves freshness), caffeine and acesulfame potassium.

Calories 1
Total Fats (g) 0
Sodium (mg) 30
Potassium (mg) 20
Sugars (g) 0
Protein (g) 0
Caffeine (mg) 37

Diet Pepsi (8 fl. oz)
Contains: Carbonated water, caramel color, aspartame, phosphoric acid, potassium benzoate (preserves freshness), caffeine, citric acid and natural flavors.

Calories 0
Total Fat (g) 0
Sodium (mg) 25
Potassium (mg) 20
Sugars (g) 0
Protein (g) 0
Caffeine (mg) 24

:)

ya

Re: Jest Da Facts, Ma'am

BreezeKeeper said:
Gymtime, where'd ya get that info? Is it more of a 'common sense' deduction, or are you going by anything a little more reliable? From what I understand, aspartame will have no effect on some peoples' descent into ketosis, but others it will affect significantly. That's why you might think there's nothing wrong with a can, and why Atkins or others who've done some testing might say it's better to avoid it.

I'd like to think Atkins wants us to avoid Aspartame because he has a secret deal with the manufacturer's of Splenda. ;)

B

Alright fine. An amendment to my previous post: If you happen to be the one person in a million for whom an arificial sweetener brings out of ketosis, then by all means, for the love of all that is holy, avoid diet colas!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Reactions: KEL
Top Bottom