Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet help for marathoner

fhg43

I am doing some research for fiancee. she is running a marathon this summer and has been training diligently. She is 5'8" and ~150 and ~28%BF. She has a very athletic body with good musculature in her legs. She's not fat, but you can tell she has some excess fat to lose and she wants to do this. She has lost around 6lbs and has been training hard for about 12 weeks. Her diet is good and she has been trying to create a caloric deficeit each day to facilitate weight loss. She has also increased her protein intake. She trains year round but reduces the volume between her marathons. This will be her 3rd marathon in 2 years. She weighed 128 for her first marathon in 2000. She started to take Zoloft after the first marathon and that seemd to lead to her weight gain (studies have shown that a little known side effect of Zoloft and similar drugs is weight gain over prolonged usage). That 25-30lbs has proved very difficult to get rid of.

1) What can she do to jump start her metabolism to burn some fat-she can't take ECA stacks (bad for anxiety). She has been off the Zoloft for almost a year.

2) She's had blood work done and her thyroid values indicate her metabolism is normal and in the elevated range of noraml (meaning the values are in the accepted normal range, but towards the 'hyper' side). So its not a thyroid problem we think. We didn't get T3 and T4 levels from blood work. We looked into T3 but decided against it-but maybe we need to reconsider.

2) What dietary changes should she make? Does she need to increase calories? Has her body gone into starvation mode?

3) She has put on more muscle but hasn't lost fat-any insight as to why her body won't lean out?

FHG

Zoloft is a SRRI right? I've heard it leads to weight gain by increasing your cravings for carbs. I'd recommend a Keto diet to re-balance her metabolism

Top Bottom