Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Detour Bars

Gambler

Has anyone else tried them? They REALLY do taste like a friggin Snickers.

The nutritional profile doesn't look that bad either (for a bar) 32g protein, 21g carbs (4g sugar) and 9g fat

Am I missing something?? I thought they were the best tasting bar I had ever eaten,

I just got an order in from DPS yesterday and they are great!

All the talk I've been hearing is true.

They're the best tasting bars I've ever tried. Luckily, I get them for $25 a box from my local nutrition store :).

They're supposed to be coming out with two new flavors by the Spring.

Lawsuit pending

I heard that EAS is planning a lawsuit against Next Nutrition because they claim that Detour bars don't meet label claims.

I hate all protein bars, but I love Detour bars. I have a few cases on back order, wish I didn't eat that entire box yesterday...

Re: Lawsuit pending

TYPE A said:
I heard that EAS is planning a lawsuit against Next Nutrition because they claim that Detour bars don't meet label claims.

I hate all protein bars, but I love Detour bars. I have a few cases on back order, wish I didn't eat that entire box yesterday...

I think Next Nutrition is too big a company to put out a product that doesn't meet it's label claims.

I don't knwo though, no company is too big to put out a product that has phony label claims. Who really looks into label claims anyways? Not many companies look into or test competitors products for label claims. I admit detour bars are great, but its jsut hard to believe there isnt more sugar in that bar than it lists, all other bars taste liek sh* and this company comes out with a bar that can be put in vending machines??? hmmm...I would like to see some lab test results for these bars, come to think of it, if one hant alread been done, i will pay for it myself.

Re: Re: Lawsuit pending

JG1 said:

I think Next Nutrition is too big a company to put out a product that doesn't meet it's label claims.

Yes, you'd think so... Especially with their popular Designer brand. But their latest line Maxxon bombed and so did GlycerLEAN, they're starting off 2003 in the red. It wouldn't suprise me if they cut corners on ingredients.

I agree with nsruffryder34, big companies aren't exempt from making products that don't meet label claims, even EAS. The Detour is just too good. I'd like to see ConsumerLabs test this bar.

I just sent an email to Next Protein's customer service dept. asking if they have any independent lab analysis that they could share that would substantiate their label claims. I will post whatever reply they send.

Damn those things are good.

I jsut got a reply from Next Proteins. They stated that they abide by all "Truth in Labeling" laws and would not risk their reputation by selling products that did not meet label claims.

They also send me a PDF file that is a one page slick taht they have prepared in response to skeptics that claims to show the results of 3 independent lab tests that show the bars to be pretty darn close to the label claim.

While they did not provide the names of the labs or copies of the exact tests I am satisfied that the bars are legit. They are so good that it is kind of hard to eat one without feeling guilty.... but I guess I can get over that!

Enjoy everyone. (by the way, they taste even better cold)

Top Bottom