Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DeNiro, Wolken in The Deer Hunter

delts2

I just bought this movie for my home collection. It is truly one of the great flicks of all time. DeNiro and Wolken both appear to be in their early thirties in this movie. It's based on three guys that go to Vietnam together, and they get caught and tortured and somehow make their way to freedom. And then it shows about the aftermath of how each one of them deals with it. An old flick, but also a very deep and intense one. If you haven't seen this treasure, you should check it out.

delts2

The Russian Roulette scene was pretty intense. I was a teenager when it came out so I had to sneak into the theatre to see it.

This really was an awesome movie.The first one I saw as an "adult"...i still affects me..very realistic and disturbing(especially the roullette scenes):bawling:

Same her may. They were great together in this movie.

Yeah, the end was kinda sad though. Wolken had already flipped out at that point. But May is right, the Roulette scene was very hardcore, but very accurate I'm sure.

delts2

very intriguing movie, i enjoyed it very much, all 3 hours of it.

makes you realize how different the movies of today are, Deer Hunter is a veryyyy different style than anything you could find within the past ten years at *least*.

:yawn: good for its time. remeber seeing it ALONG time ago, didnt really get it then, I was to young. Now... no biggie. Its choppy and shit, the acting was good, but aaaa. I can leave it. I think there are alot of "bandwagon" (not call'n any of you that) people who "try to and say they do" like these old flicks that are kinda out of the norm. I do like freaky films, shit that isnt main stream, but this film just DID not flow for me. The first half of the flick almost put me to sleep when I watched it as an adult. and that is my .02

I can appreciate your honest opinion Gil. It's just that there are very few movies that star both DeNiro and Wolken, and I think it made an incredible combo. Especially since they were still "growing" as actors in those days. But, I will concede, the first hour of the flick is kinda slow. Another old flick that Wolken was in was The Dead Zone........that was tough.

delts2

Top Bottom