Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

deadlift question

110%

when i do deadlifts my lower back always hurts when i am done for like 15 seconds. does this mean i have bad form or is this just b/c of it is working the lower back. i believe i have right form but i dont know why this would happen thne?

Thought you might have just started and needed to let your lower back catch up.

I always feel something after a set of deads, but I couldn't necessarily describe it as pain. I think that if you're really hurting, beyond a normal soreness, after your deads, then it still could be a form problem. But there's no way of knowing that.

Some of the more experienced powerlifters might be able to help you; Heavywear, B Fold, one of those guys. You might try posting this on the Powerlifting board.

If you not keeping your back straight you could be putting undue stress on your spine instead of the muscles around it which could cause pain.

If you are keeping your back straight throughout the motion then I would say that you are just getting a pump in your lower back. I usually feel fatigue in my lower back but wouldn't describe it as pain. Just make sure that you are doing the best form you are capable of and if your back really starts to hurt then stop doing them at least for a while.

Top Bottom