Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cut or bulk?

crushen

im 17 and 140 lbs 5' 7" im a pretty small guy and im not sure of my bodyfat %, but i have about an inch of fat over my abs and maybe 1/2 inch on my chest

would it be easier to cut down my bodyfat first and then bulk?

dude you need to bulk... like get a good body building cycle going and if you really work hard and bust it the fat will take care of itself.

more fat will be added, but it depends on how clean you eat to the extent of fat gained, but the most important aspect is the muscle that is beneath that fat that you are adding...

crushen said:
im 17 and 140 lbs 5' 7" im a pretty small guy and im not sure of my bodyfat %, but i have about an inch of fat over my abs and maybe 1/2 inch on my chest

would it be easier to cut down my bodyfat first and then bulk?
I think that since you are a beginner, you don't even need to think about cutting or bulking. Lift hard, do a bit of cardio and eat plenty or protein, but you don't need to try to gain any weight right now. If you are indeed just beginning, you need to work on your form anyway. In the first 3 months of lifting or so, you will become stronger because of neurological adaptations (will be able to mobilize more muscle fibers) and muscle growth. Muscle growth will probably happen even without gaining bodyweight at this stage. Some fat-loss should also occur.

At that point, you can decide if your bodyfat level is low enough or too high to bulk. There is a level at which it is definitely better to cut first.

Hmm

Your young Stick to the basic and u will grow. Eat a good amount of good foods, the Biggest mistake high schoolers do is not eating enough around the clock. Bring in some extra food. For example

6:30am Eggs, Toast OJ
then after a few classes
10am Protein bar
12am Lunch - have a Roast beef sandwhich, or PB&J, fruit,
2pm After school eat something again high in protein
3pm Go lift
After you lift get a ton of protein and carbs
6pm Have dinner steak/chicken/bread/bake pototes, Whatever your mom made,
9pm have a protein shake

You are set, Eat alot, make sure U if dont take any of my advice that you eat a lot of food right after you lift within ONE HOUR. That is the KEY, IF i had a high school son, that is what I would make him do if I paid for him to belong to a gym.

Re: Re: cut or bulk?

plornive said:

I think that since you are a beginner, you don't even need to think about cutting or bulking. Lift hard, do a bit of cardio and eat plenty or protein, but you don't need to try to gain any weight right now. If you are indeed just beginning, you need to work on your form anyway. In the first 3 months of lifting or so, you will become stronger because of neurological adaptations (will be able to mobilize more muscle fibers) and muscle growth. Muscle growth will probably happen even without gaining bodyweight at this stage. Some fat-loss should also occur.

At that point, you can decide if your bodyfat level is low enough or too high to bulk. There is a level at which it is definitely better to cut first.

ive been lifting since last summer and put on about 15 lbs the first few months i lifted. i think ill try to start gaining again. i need to figure out how to get food throughout the day and start packing real meals instead of the school lunch shit, when i put on the weight last summer i had some protein isolate and i just got another shipment a couple days ago, so im set to add another 10 or 15 lbs

i think im going to redesign my workout plan tonight and post it to see what u guys think

Top Bottom