Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cross training...

diezel

i dont know about anyone else.... but i get into these phases where lifting starts to bore me and cardio is tedious. so, with allllll the new fitness trends out there, and all the old ones too..... im always looking for anything else to do for a workout. right now, im gettin into a yoga kick and im really looking into the reebok core board. i manage a health club, so im trying to host the certification workshop for that. anyway, what are some "alternative" workouts that anyone else goes for?

spatterson said:
You get bored lifting? Wow.

:D That's what I thought too! But then again, I like protein shakes and getting sore too...so with that in mind, here's my advice:

Variety in training is a good thing, but also look at why you get bored lifting? Are you not seeing your body change fast enough? (Join the club!) It takes time, and the longer you lift the more subtle the changes are going to be.

What really helps me is keeping a lifting log. It makes the whole workout like a challenge to be met. Based on the previous workout, I write in the weight and target number of reps. Then I write in what I actually did. Seeing that target makes it like a game, and I push myself a lot harder than I did before I kept a log. Each time I try to progress on something, be it more reps or more weight.

Every now and then, I like going back through the log and laughing over the weights I used to think were so heavy. My log also gives me ideas for designing new workouts, which you should do every 2 month or so, to prevent boredom and stagnation.

Have you ever seen anything like these "FAST" programs? Chris *** (can't remember his name), holds like a sack record for the Minnesota Vikings - has this program that is geared towards training young atheletes and it uses training such as sprints, lots of jumping, toss the medicine ball around - basic sports moves w/ lots of repetition and varying resistance to improve the quick response capability of these athletes(e.g better rebound & shoot capability for basketball). Anyway, it looks very interesting.

Also kickboxing is something I've wanted to try. You might get into some karate stuff too. Jiu jitsu is very neat and a killer workout.

There's always spinning too -- but GOD I hate spinning classes ....

maybe bored wasnt the right word..... i love to lift. most of my girlfriends would rather do cardio and take aerobic classes when id rather lift and do a more intense class like spinning and kickboxing. but, i have noticed lately that i look for more "unique" ways of getting in shape nd try to have my routines be comprised of more types of excercise instead of just concentrating on lifting. i know regardless of what i do ill NEVER see results fast enough becuz i am impatient. and im my worst critic. but, i was just curious as to what other unique things people have tried and enjoyed.....im always looking for ideas, if not for myself than just to bring into my gym......:fro:

i LOVE spinning!!!!! i guess thats why i got certified...hehehe
i just introduced brazilian ji jitsu to my club.... i hope to get some of the guys more interested into group fitness. they all think of step and aerobics and dont realize how much there is in group fitness besides those "girly" things......

Last edited:
Top Bottom