Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine and dieting

chiefwiggum

I'm six weeks out and i'm still using creatine. Should I switch to just a simple sugar (dextrose) or is the creatine fine. If the creatine is fine, how long before the comp should I cut it out to ensure i'm not holding any extra water from it.

Wiggum

I have a show in May and I won't stop taking my creatine until about 1-2 weeks before the show. Our bodies could be total different, but that is what I'm doing.

jus' trying to help

if you are using a quality creatine supplement that is low sodium and derived from quality raw materials water "volumazation" should be minimum. you should be fine if use is discontinued 10-14 days prior to the event.

FitnessFrk said:
if you are using a quality creatine supplement that is low sodium and derived from quality raw materials water "volumazation" should be minimum. you should be fine if use is discontinued 10-14 days prior to the event.

some creatine has sodium in it?

ya know i dont know if people overdose on creatine or what....my experience with it and im dieting for my fourth show right now.....4 weeks out.....is that the shit holds water intramuscularly
which means that your muscles get bigger and look fuller. I actually dont load which could be why i dont hold water on it but
i still get the results im looking for. however, i think if your diet is clean you have nothing to worry about. just watch your sodium intake and you should be fine but 2 weeks out from a show i cut the creatine just to be safe, not because i dont want to look bloated.

lower quality creatines contain high levels of sodium which in some persons lead to a drastic volumazation effect where they gain in excess of 10-20 lbs.

the volumaztion effect of creatine is not the reason why anyone in bb should take it, but instead for it's role in the creation and storgae of ATP and lactic acid buffering.

Top Bottom