Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Confused about ALA while bulking.. Please Help!!!

rphender

OK. I noticed that most people are using the ALA when eating a lot of carbs but are still trying to cut down or stay in Ketosis. I am soon gonna be doing the following cycle:
Sust 500mg 1-10
EQ 800 mg 1-10
Winny 50mg/ed 6-12
Arimidex .5mg/eod

I am wanting to gain about 15 pounds but don't want to gain any fat so I will be eating about 400g of CLEAN carbs.

Now, I realize when gaining mass I must eat a lot of carbs. Now, should I use ALA to do this? If so, How much should I use? Thank you in advance for the help.

bump...
I'm on ALA but i'm currently upping my calories. I still seem to be keeping my weight down.. go figure

rphender said:
OK. I noticed that most people are using the ALA when eating a lot of carbs but are still trying to cut down or stay in Ketosis. I am soon gonna be doing the following cycle:
Sust 500mg 1-10
EQ 800 mg 1-10
Winny 50mg/ed 6-12
Arimidex .5mg/eod

I am wanting to gain about 15 pounds but don't want to gain any fat so I will be eating about 400g of CLEAN carbs.

Now, I realize when gaining mass I must eat a lot of carbs. Now, should I use ALA to do this? If so, How much should I use? Thank you in advance for the help.

I have sort of tried it in my last bulking cycle (still on - week 5). I've noticed the following in comparison to my last bulking cycle:

- Less fat gain around obliques & abs (can still see abs)

- Less energy crashes from big feedings

- A little more vascular (I'm vascular anyway though)

- Body fat % seems to have kept in check, gone from 6 - 8% with about 25 pounds gained - not bad, better than in the past.

I say "sort of" because I'm not 100% sure it's the ALA but most other variables have been kept the same..

Re: THANK YOU

rphender said:
About how much ALA and how many grams of carbs are you taking in a day?

About 500 grams a day & about 2 grams of ALA - not enough for ketosis (of course that's not the goal) but enough to reduce nasty insulin spikes..

Rphender there is nothing magical about ALA and dear god don't concern youself with accidentally going into ketosis while on 400g of carbs. I can guarantee you that no matter how much ALA you take it isn't going to happen with that many carbs. ALA isn't just meant for cutting it will work just as well and probably better while bulking. When we cut we generally take in a lot less carbs but when we bulk we take in large amounts and this is when ALA should truely shine.

I haven't bulked with ALA yet but plan on it this fall. I imagine it will help to ensure that the carbs are converted to glycogen instead of into fat. That is the theory anyways and I don't think it can make anything worse if that's what you're worried about. You may be one of the first few to bulk with it so just experiment and see what happens.

Also if you eat in caloric excess which you will have to do to gain 15 pounds you will get some fat, regardless if you were eating clean or not. There isn't anything you can do about it, it's a natural part of bulking. Eating clean is definately recommended but it won't prevent inevitable fat gain, nor will ALA. Just accept that you will get some fat along with the muscle and then get rid of it later on.

Top Bottom