Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

computer problem

big_bad_buff

i'll have 5 or 6 windows open looking at different designs and what not for graphic design. and after about 20 min or so i can't right click and save imagines or open new windows (right mouse botton wont work) and i will have to restart my computer for it to start working again.

i have avg, norton, and some other virud program on it that i run everyday, dont think it's a virus...anyone know what it could be?

What is your physical and virtual memory?

i'll have 5 or 6 windows open looking at different designs and what not for graphic design. and after about 20 min or so i can't right click and save imagines or open new windows (right mouse botton wont work) and i will have to restart my computer for it to start working again.

i have avg, norton, and some other virud program on it that i run everyday, dont think it's a virus...anyone know what it could be?

Take Norton and the other one out of that mix for starters and just use AVG. Two different antiviruses running is kinda like none at all. And Norton is almost like that by itself.

Also get SuperAntiSpyware or Spybot and use in tandem with AVG. Run both in safe mode and see what happens.

Seriously you need more RAM, with all the stuff you have open it is hogging up your memory. Like having a 20oz ribeye on your plate and no room for the baked potato!

Seriously you need more RAM, with all the stuff you have open it is hogging up your memory. Like having a 20oz ribeye on your plate and no room for the baked potato!

but i will close all the windows and come back ten min later and still cant right click until i restart

First off when you have all of those windows open do a three finger salute (cntrl+alt+del) on the performance tab at the top what is your cpu usage and pf usage and total pysical memory?
Also what do you prefer AVG or Norton? Uninstall the one you don't want. Restart computer. I don't use AVG even though most computer people prefer it. I know and use Norton 360 it will clean out all the other crap in your computer such as temp files, intall temp files crap. Then you should use a Registry cleaner, there is a program by yes everyones hates Microsoft RegCure pay the 30 bucks for the full version run it and it will fix your activeX entries, shared dlls, regestry info fixes a ton of crap.
But first let me know how much processing you are using and how much ram you are using and also how much ram you have... I am going out for beers in a coutry bar that has many confederate flags. I hope this won't polute my brain!!!

BTW I am not a software expert, infact I am just a finance guy that loves to build my own computers and fix dificult hardware/software problems. If DrSketch were here he could direct excellent advice!

Top Bottom