Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Colby Jack Mini-Sliders

CheapPinz

Start to finish time: 10 minutes or less
Ingredients needed: hamburg, cheese, lettuce, ketchup or condiment of choice, baguette bread

This is one of my favorite substitutes for a good old cheeseburger. Sometimes I'll go breadless and eat with a fork, sometimes I'll cut the meat so its similar in shape to a hotdog and then roll in a few lettuce leafs as a bread substitute.

To make as the picture shows:
1. Get your pan hot and place 4-6 small, flat mini paddies in to cook. I like to make them 50% larger than the bread diameter expecting the meat to shrink down. Don't make your paddies too thick~
2. while cooking, take your baguette. I like a nice fresh baguette that has sesame seeds on it. The bread with the seeds tends to be a bit thicker and moister than a standard baguette or french bread, and the cuban bread seems to be lacking taste and crumbles too much for my liking.
....slice your "bun" from the baguette. I like to use a super thin slice that's just thick enough to not be too soft to hold the meat stiffly. toast the bread for a little extra firmness.
3. back to the meat: flip. I like to put a pea size drop of terriyaki sauce on the center of each paddy before covering with a slice of colby jack. Put a cover over the pan for a minute to hurry up the melt.
4. once the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted, assemble the paddies. I put a piece of fresh romaine under each paddy, and dressed the top of the paddy with some thinly sliced extra sharp cheddar.
5. Put a drop of ketchup on before covering with the lid. Meal done. Minimal ingredients necessary, minimal time and effort, good taste.
1pi0xj.jpg

Top Bottom