Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cognitive support for mental focus

2niceforyou

I've been looking into using supplements that will allow me to endure focus during intense training sessions. It's apparent to me that nootropics are the source for this solution. In order to have mental clarity during these sessions, I will be using a nootropic blend very soon. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Currently I am planning on using -

Cognitive Focus+Enhancement:
Focus XT - 3 servings
Neuro Boost Piracetam - usually 30-40mins prior using 3,200 mg

Stimulants:
DMAA or 1.3 Dimethylalyamine typically 25-30~mg

This does the job everytime although I would be careful of the DMAA. Some people are sensitive to this supplement. It is definitely not recommended for cardio usage. I don't even consider DMAA a nootropic, but it is beneficial at low doses.

I personally don't like Focus-XT I looked into it very briefly (just quick enough to see the ingredients) and saw that it has Choline Bitartrate though and a couple other beneficial "nootropics". Haha I was just about to tell you to include a Choline source in your "Cognitive Focus + Enhancement" stack, good thing I looked at it first right :p

Not a huge fan of DMAE and DMAA either. Can't take DMAA considering I have a preexisting heart condition, and after experimenting with it I experienced chest pains, shortness of breath, and a mild case of heart burn. Generally I avoid eating fried foods and processed foods, due to my heart.

I see Focus-XT has ALCAR in it, which is beneficial as well just use it in moderation. I would advise you that ALCAR has been reported to cause a lose of appetite and that since DMAA is a stimulant it could potentially cause this as well. Considering you are going to be using Focus-XT and DMAA together, I figured you would want to know that.

A lot of the newer pre work out supplements that have replaced N.O. Explode are decent. Things like "Jacked" have that 13-Dimethylamylamine (Geranium [Stem]) Shizandrol A in it that help with focus in addition to the typical caffeine and arginine boosts.

I am prescribed adderall, and people claim 13-Dimethylamylamine (Geranium [Stem]) Shizandrol A can have similar weaker effects as adderall, and while it's not nearly as strong, i can feel the extra focus from it. Give it a try if you haven't.

Piracetam with lecithin works great for me. Pramiracetam with lecithin works even better but, IMO, is too expensive for daily use.

-db-

I would have to agree with you about Pramiracetam being much stronger than Piracetam, but only in some aspects. I do believe that Aniracetam is much more similar to Pramiracetam in chemical structure being that they are cousins within the racetam family and they are both lipid solubles. Oxiracetam would be relatively similar to Piracetam in a sense though. I'm glad that you mentioned one of the lipid-soluble racetams. I recently started my use of Aniracetam and Piracetam together within the past 3 weeks. The effects resulted in enhanced focus and alertness. Personally, I do receive a much more stimulating effect with the two being used synergistically. The results allow me to enter a moderate level state of concentration and meditation when needed. We do control much of our minds, but with the use of nootropics I can say that the capabilities are significantly improved. I have not been using the cholinergic source as often as before, but I have not experienced any change in effects with the Racetams.

Current stack:
3,200mg Neuro Boost Piraectam
1,500mg Neuro Wave Aniracetam
500mg L-tyrosine
1,200mg Guarana - for enhanced energy

The two racetams already give me enhanced focus, concentration, alertness, and mild stimulation. With the addition of Guarana (this can be found at local vitamin stores) I do notice a much more enhanced result of stimulation (this being energy overall). I would say the racetams are more stimulating within the thought processes in which my brain experiences while the Guarana gives me an overall kick in energy (meaning slight increased heart rate). This stack works great along with most stacks I tried.

I'm definitely interested in giving lecithin a test run when the mood is right. I would like to know what your experiences were with the use of lecithin stacked with the consumption of racetams. Thank you doublebicep.

Taking piracetam with out choline, I get into a state where everything is just on the tip of my tonge. Some describe it as brainfog. Other's report headaches. I have research extensively about piracetam and every source of information mentioned that choline is a must.

Lecithin is a considerable source of choline among others such as phospholipids, phosphatidylcholine/inositol etc., though single choline would be more cost efficient if that is an issue. DMAE is another option worth researching.

My understand is that piracetam works by stimulating the Acetylcholine (ACh) receptors which in turn is going to cause the ACh transmitters to need to be replenished. One way of doing this is taking choline source such as choline citartrate or lecithinth.

I just don't understand how you can be taking 3 grams of piracetam and 1.5 grams of aniracetam with no choline supplementation? I would think you would be experiencing brainfog and bad headaches. The only things that might explain how you do it with out any sides is that you have another considerable source of choline in your diet or there is something unique about you. We are all different!

If you do try adding choline, DMAE or lecithin to your stack, let me know how it goes. You have def peeked my curiousity!

-db-

Top Bottom