Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CKD - Trouble getting into ketosis

CMaestas

Hi this is my first post. I started the CKD about 3 weeks ago. I saw results immediately the first week, and was positive for ketones in the urine within a few days of starting. The first weekend carb load went well, and the next week I was back in ketosis within a day or two. The next weekend carb load I went overboard, and I haven't produced a positive test strip since. The only change I've made to the keto-phase of the diet is adding sugar free Metamucil, which I read is acceptable on keto-diets. I got back on track immediately following my "bad" carb load, and the next carb load I stayed within my limits, but I'm still not seeing a positive strip. Any ideas as to why this is happening would really help. I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. I know some of you are going to tell me to stop the fiber and see what happens, but as I'm sure some of you experienced, not having a bowel movement for a week is about as unpleasant as it sounds.

i have never trusted the sticks, i go by the way i am feeling, the minute i hit keto my energy levels and mood change for the better, headaches go away etc.

whats the scale say ? the mirror ? if its working its working

I've always found the following useful:

45 min cardio sessions and watching your portion size. Remember that you still need to eat smaller portions to kick your body into Ketosis. I've made the mistake of eating increasingly big protein portions and wondered why my sticks never show up the right colour.

Try exercise first though. 2 sessions a day after carb loading will rapidly deplete you - even if it was a big refuel.

Where do you keep your ketostix?

If you keep them in the bathroom where you take hot showers, the steam will ruin the reagent. And there are no ketones in steam :p

Hi this is my first post. I started the CKD about 3 weeks ago. I saw results immediately the first week, and was positive for ketones in the urine within a few days of starting. The first weekend carb load went well, and the next week I was back in ketosis within a day or two. The next weekend carb load I went overboard, and I haven't produced a positive test strip since. The only change I've made to the keto-phase of the diet is adding sugar free Metamucil, which I read is acceptable on keto-diets. I got back on track immediately following my "bad" carb load, and the next carb load I stayed within my limits, but I'm still not seeing a positive strip. Any ideas as to why this is happening would really help. I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. I know some of you are going to tell me to stop the fiber and see what happens, but as I'm sure some of you experienced, not having a bowel movement for a week is about as unpleasant as it sounds.

you should not have had a carb refeed on your first weekend.

keep your diet super clean, what does itlook like now ?

are you using a whey protein isolate?

Top Bottom