Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CKD and ketosis question

rebellifter

Quick question concerning my new CKD diet:

Will one diet soda a day kick me out of ketosis? I read somewhere that it is possible. Can anyone shed some light on this? I am CRAVING a diet pepsi!

some people will kick out of keto some will not. just have to try it yourself to see. last time i did a CKD i was drinking dietcoke w/lemon allll the time and never had a problem. i think if you are just starting the keto diet (first 2-3 wks) that its best to stay away from diet sodas. after that give it a try and see if it kicks you out or not. another thing you can try is crystal light. like coolaide but no carbs

Thanks for the answer! I guess I will just have to hold off for few weeks. Definately about to go pick up some crystal light though!:D

diet soda and crystal light have the same main sweetening ingredient. Aspartame.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, if it makes you that paranoid just do 1 more rep or 5 more minutes of cardio.

Aspartame is not recognized as a sugar or energy source by your body and thus is not absorbed and does not cause an insulin spike.

I drink diet soda like a mofo and it doesn't affect me.

I've never had crystal light, is it any good?

I used to be very concerned with this as well, drinking diet soda and crystal. I was always given the same advice, it depends on the person. So what I did was waited till I got in Ketosis, drank a 16 oz of diet coke, took a piss afterwards, and but do you know I was still in ketosis. Rebellifter this is one of the positive ways to find out if it affects you or not.

Mr.X is now over at MassMonsters.com. Thats where he will be if you want to talk to him. SIgn up is free.

Top Bottom