Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cholesterol too low?

mryar

Is there a problem with having too low of cholesterol? I just head mine measured at a health screening at work and my values were too low for the machine to measure, so she wrote down:

total (HDL + LDL) less than 100
HDL less than 15

Isn't cholesterol a precursor for testosterone?

Yes. Low LDL is actually bad, as LDL is viral for muscle building and repair. Dr. Steven Riechman at Texas A&M just had a study published in Journal of Gerontology about it.

Thanks for the info. What's a good source of LDL?

That I couldn't tell ya probably eggs, remember when they said eggs were bad because of all the 'bad cholesterol' then later they turned around and realized it has the good cholesterol and other things that nullify the bad cholesterol...

I heard about that study this morning and they were talking about how cutting it out like they tell you to do after a heart attack or heart surgery is bad because you actually need it to repair/grow muscle tissue heh. Go figure.

Some people naturally have low levels of cholesterol, but ideally you want the HDL higher and LDL lower. Normally you don't want to be below 100 total, nor above 200.

Top Bottom