Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chest Workouts..

Xtreme2001

I Just want to know how to build my chest to a massive size. I usually just do Chest by itself on one day and make it a brutal workout, doing only 4 exercises.. maybe 5 if i'm not tired.
I have many chest workouts.. but I wanna know which Really put great IMPACT on my chest to get it bigger. I just hate doing flat bench after incline dumbells or cable cross overs and trying to attempt to lift lots on flat bench because I'm weaker, I must lose 50lbs off it and it doesn't feel right.

So what kinda exercises should I do? I try to keep my reps between 6-10 on most things. I want the mass over toning. I want to build the mass up more the anything then just shred it off later.. The fatter I can get the better because I can lose it quick.

So any suggestions!?

Dude it is all about the decline

Seriously,

I say for my money, it is all about the decline exercises. Maybe the decline sits alone collecting dust in your gym but it is for real. I say the single best change you can throw in is throwin in some decline db press followed up by underhand crossover cables.

Secondly, I would consider splitting your chest workout and working it out more often, say once every four days, with one rest day in the middle somewhere. Then split it up based on the type of excercise, do your db presses and flys one day , and then the next chest day do your bb presses and cables. And as always eat...eat clean, eat well but eat.

Ask almost anyone and they'll say it's all about the pressing movements; either incline or flat. If you don't like to do flat bench presses after dumbell flys, then do your flat bench first. I usually follow the rule of thumb to do my heaviest, hardest, compound movements first in my workout (flat bench on chest day, deadlifts on back day, etc)

SNOOKER, Do you mean just do a light workout for both days? Or a full chest workout? Lets say Monday and Thurs.

Does that sound reasonable or should it be light. Maybe just 3 exercsies each time.

hay bro. my chest sucks and this got me on track=mon. dumbells and fri. barbells. i do incline, flat, and flys on both days. you gotta blast those hard ones to grow.
i hurt my shoulder 2 months ago so i do dumbells on both days now. its working good for me.

Xtreme....

Xtreme,

I think that really depends on how easily you recover from a workout. I feel if you eat right and sleep enough and take a rest day in the middle I don't see why you can't have two decent workouts a week on your chest. If you are looking to build mass, I would try moderate workouts for both, i.e 3 to 4 exercises 3-4 sets each and a pyramid structure to the reps. Then after some experimentation, adjust accordingly. I for example really push it on the press exercises i.e. 1-5Reps for the last set and then on the cables and flys I take a lot off and go for good strict form. But of course I am a fat ass and therefore my metabolism crawls so recovery is not as much of an issue as it is for others. But if you feel that two instense workouts are too much, then lighten them up until you feel completely rested and then slowly increase the intensity for both days.

I hope that gives you some guidlines to work with...

Later
Snooker

Top Bottom