Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chest was doing good... now not so good.

nacius

I seem to have hit a pleateu for chest growth. I do chest once a week with a lot of intensity.
I do:

Flat Dumbell Press
Incline Dumbell Press
Decline Dumbell Press
Pec Deck

I havn't increased the weight from about 2 months. I have only been lifting for a year. Some help please.

how many sets of each?

I suggest dropping one of the DB presses and doing 2 sets for the 3 remaining exercises.

if this doesn't work then your diet is at fault or you ain't getting enough rest.

if you have been doing those same lifts for the entire year then you need to switch it up. mix it up. throw in some barbell exercises, hammer strength, machines, cable crossovers. it's all about switching up the type of tension you are putting on the chest. you need to switch that up so your body doesn't adjust to your workouts and know exactly what to expect each chest day. list out your rep scheme so we can see how heavy or light you are going and just accordingly.
also as goes without saying, you may not be eating enough and basically in a maintenance mode where you're not getting enough calories to increase your strength.

supersizeme hit it on the head!!
great reply

here is my .02

weighted dips
PUSH UPS!!!!!!!! do them you will be suprized
barbell bench press.... where is this at in your routine, you can push the most weight on bench and it will stimulate growth.

good luck

Top Bottom