Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cheap Supplements.

Stoops11

I've been training for about 7months now, and i don't really wanna throw to much money away on the supplement side of training, i just wondered what the big difference is between the expensive quality suppliments, and the cheaper alternatives.

I've used 3 different types of protein shakes in my life

Garnell Whey Gain - Expensive, tasted great, HAD to be blended, could not shake it up.
Promax Strawberry - Very Expensive, tasted great, could be shaken up easily.

And now, after realising id be spending a small fortune on these expensive shakes, i've opted for the cheap Holland and Barratt whey protein (Body Fortress)

To be honest, i realise straight away the obvious downfalls to this product (gas) but i can live with that, it tastes great (in my opinion) can be shaken up, which is a great thing for me coz i hate blending stuff, it only has a small amount of protein in it (17g a scoop) but who cares, i usually make double scoop shakes. Above all, it was on sale and only cost £12.50 (so i stocked up)

I guess my question is, i realise this isnt packed with HIGH QUALITY protein, as much as the better brands are, but surely, if i'm consuming 2 scoops (about 35-40grams of protein including the milk) then it has pretty much the same results?

I mean, protein is protein right?

I mean, protein is protein right?

Nope. The slower protein digests the better your body uses it for muscle building. Also you want a complete amino acid profile in your protein. Some foods contain incomplete amino acid profiles.

Also, a lot of protein in powders and bars are very low quality and do not get digested well. Particularly calcium caseinate and whey protein concentrate, these are not digested too well. High quality is micellar casein and whey protein isolate.

I would stay away from protein supplements aside from free form BCAA and EAA tablets/powder. Maybe get whey protein isolate for postworkout and micellar casein to take before bed, but these are not entirely necessary IMO. it is much more important to eat a lot of protein from solid foods such as chicken breast, eggs, turkey, steak, ect.

is not just protein or protein

quality protein can help you digest even smoothly coz the size of it is more smaller

then you stomach have better absorb it faster.

Top Bottom