Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Catsup, Ketchup...

J

jenscats5

I posted this in the Diet Board, but I want women's opinions....

Is there room in a healthy diet for catsup?? 1 tblsp is only about 15 cals, 3mg of lycopene, 4g of sugar....I don't consider the sugar to be too evil, especially if the rest of the day is "clean," Especially with the lycopene catsup has. Or does the sugars from the high fructose corn syrup outweigh any possible benefit the catsup has?

I'm not cutting or bulking or competing.........and I prefer to get my nutrients from food instead of pills....

Opinions??

Unless you're going keto, this won't *kill* you, but there's better options. Sugar is generally a no-no, but it's really up to you. I'd never recommend ketchup to anyone.

jenscats5 said:
I posted this in the Diet Board, but I want women's opinions....

Is there room in a healthy diet for catsup?? 1 tblsp is only about 15 cals, 3mg of lycopene, 4g of sugar....I don't consider the sugar to be too evil, especially if the rest of the day is "clean," Especially with the lycopene catsup has. Or does the sugars from the high fructose corn syrup outweigh any possible benefit the catsup has?

I'm not cutting or bulking or competing.........and I prefer to get my nutrients from food instead of pills....

Opinions??

I use catsup on occasion & when I do I use the lo carb catsup. It is pretty good but doesn't have as much sugar. Relatively low in cals, too.

Cat_In_LA said:
I use catsup on occasion & when I do I use the lo carb catsup. It is pretty good but doesn't have as much sugar. Relatively low in cals, too.

I've seen it, but I'm not willing to pay $4 a bottle (tiny!) around here....

"1 tblsp is only about 15 cals, 3mg of lycopene, 4g of sugar"

Insignificant under nearly all conditions. Enjoy a little when you want. Won't make any difference.

W6

Top Bottom