Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio question

TheBandit

I just started going back to a fat loss routine for a couple weeks, and I workout 4 days a week, do you guys think that just doign a half hour on the stationary bike, at 65% intensity, on the 4 days I workout is enough? or should I do it 5 or more times??

If you want to burn that fat off you've got to work hard and 65% isn't going to cut it. You need to incorporate intensity into your routine. The goal isn't to see if you can spend all day mindlessly pedalling away like the walking dead you see reading magazines and talking to their friends and anyone careless enough to get too close.

As much as I hate to admit it, Bill Phillips' cardio plan actually works great. Its a 20-min cardio workout of 4-min cycles. Each minute of a cycle you increase the intensity from a personal exertion level 6 to 7 to 8 to 9, then back to 6 for the next cycle. After the last cycle you top it off with a minute at level 10. At this point you should feel your chest about to burst and your body ready to keel over. The resulting metabolism kick will last for hours while the slow and steady route will let your metabolism return to normal soon after you get off the machine.

Don't make the mistake of sacrificing intensity to add more time. It will only start you on your way to rejoining the casual crowd. If you can read a magazine or carry on a conversation then you certainly aren't working hard enough!

Barry

If your diet is sound, 20 minutes, three days a week is plenty. Do you have an estimate of your current bf%?

Well

Well Cardio is very good for you as Im sure you know. Ive heard from my gym instructors that just 20 minutes on the Orbitor Cardio Machine a day can guarentee you fat loss within 15 - 20 days, provided you follow the correct diet of course

So im sure your routine should be even better as long as you stick to it

Let us know how it turns out

BarryMcCalkiner said:
If you want to burn that fat off you've got to work hard and 65% isn't going to cut it. You need to incorporate intensity into your routine. The goal isn't to see if you can spend all day mindlessly pedalling away like the walking dead you see reading magazines and talking to their friends and anyone careless enough to get too close.

Don't make the mistake of sacrificing intensity to add more time. It will only start you on your way to rejoining the casual crowd. If you can read a magazine or carry on a conversation then you certainly aren't working hard enough!

Barry

I believe firmly in high intensity cardio as well. I use different style but same principle. works great.

Try this too

You should also try interval cardio training it realy helps and according to the EAS body for life challenge guide, it has been proven to work.

I usually do about 30 min on for instance the treadmill. I start off slow then gradually increase speed and incline until ive reached a comfortable level. Then ever 2-3 min lower your speed by half and then after 2-3min again increase it.

Top Bottom