Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio ok??

Micker

I have been focusing on gaining strength and mass lately. I am 5'7" and now weigh over 180lbs. My bodyfat is probably 14ish% and I have good muscle definition, but not ripped up. I have always been a hard gainer, but now at 34, with effort, I can actually gain weight. Now that I am near a weight I can live with, I want to start doing some cardio. I have avoided any and all cardio for the last year as weight gain and strenght were my only priority. I know my endurance has suffered due to this and I want to get some back.

My question is how much cardio can I do and not cut into my Strength/Weight gains?? Like most people, I always want to get bigger/stronger, but I don't want to have no wind. What would be safe to do and not really effect my strength program?? I was thinking about sprints and/or jumping rope. I was going to maybe try out some boxing or jiu jitsu in hte future and would like some type of endurance to start.

It sounds like you want to improve GPP (General Physical Preparedness).

Sprinting is good, jog a half mile to warm up, then sprint 100 yards, rest 2 minutes, then sprint 100 yards again. By the time you work up to ten 100 yard sprints, you will be in very good shape. Also, sled dragging is great cardio/GPP.

If you have any access to some strongman inplements, these can help conditioning too.

Top Bottom