Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Carbo-blockers" from the '70s

The only thing that I can remember is something called Cal-Ban 3000, which was horsepills containing guar gum. When you took them as recommended, with 8 oz. of water, they would swell in the stomach causing fullness. Unfortunately, they were sued for this same effect, when some people got the pills caught in their throats, where they swoll up causing asphixiation.

I remember reading on the back of a bottle and it instructed you to take up to 20 pills a day. And these bastards where big and chalky, not something that would swallow easily.

Acarbose, as another poster mentioned, is the only carb-blocker ever used clinically, but I know that it is still used.

The stuff I'm talking about actually blocked the bodies ability to absorb/convert carbohydrates. You could eat pasta and not gain an ounce. The problem with it is it worked too well. It blocked carbos completely... so it was taken off the market for fear people would use it too often and not get any carbos at all.

Top Bottom