Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carb rotation plan inquiry

fro&g0ger

Okay, I have been doing some research on this "carb rotation". I have read Spatts suggestions and am wondering how do you come up with the amount of carbs and when?
I found a site that stated women should consume 2x their bodyweight in carbs. My main goal is to build more muscle and shed fat. NOT BULK UP. I have lost 50 lbs. over the course of 2yrs and it is the last 12 lbs or getting to 15-18% bf that is taking forever to do! Based on my weight, my standard carb intake is 276g. Acording to the site I found on the net, I eat 50% fewer carbs for 2days, standard for the next 2 days, then 50%more the next 2 days. Does this sound accurate?
My excercise routine is 5+ days a week. Alternating, 30-60min-leg train one day, 30-60arms+30-60min cardio the next. I play around with starting heavy then decreasing weights and vice versa.
I hope this will break my plateau!!

spatts-
do you do a post-workout shake with malto or dextrose? if so, do you factor this into your carbs for the day?

my maltodextrin is 40 g/carbs per serving. now, if i were to cycle carbs as you metioned above, does this mean that these would be the only carbs i should consume on a "low" day? if i add this to my daily oatmeal, this already adds up to approx 70g/carbs (without even counting in my veggies...i know they don't add up to much, but they do add up). damn...i can't start the day without my oatmeal!!!

:bawling:

guess i was having a blonde moment last night...i forgot about those non-training days (where i don't have the shake w/malto). it totally makes sense to designate those as your "low-carb" days.

Spatts, I don't follow "I go by AMR and results." What does that mean? I am new, a bit lax on terms.
Okay, so if I want to loose fat and gain muscle, I should knock some of those carbs off the recommended intake. That makes sense. AND eat the max carbs on the weight-lifting+cardio days, eat the standard on the weight-lifting only days and rest days have the minimum amount of carbs? The rotation changes every 2 days?
So for example, on lift and cardio day I have the max carb intake. Then the next day would be either a rest day or lift only day or cardio only day with consuming max carbs too?

Am I making this harder to follow than it is...probably!
:confused: :D

Top Bottom