Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Car accident

cleandres

I got into a car accident, totaled my beautiful '04 G35 coupe but im alive so im good. I strained my shoulder and my Doc told me to stay away from heavy lifting with my right arm
Is there anythnig i can be doing to help rehab my shoulder and minimize strength/ muscle loss

wow man- not sure to be honest, but i'm happy your alive and well enough to make a post here. Get better soon!!!!!

Under health insurance...

Generally your Doc will give you a referral, which you would take to a PT clinic.

Sorry to hear that happened. It's happened to most of us at some point. Glad you're (basically) OK, and it sounds like you had your ducks in a row with insurance. I completely agree that you can work your shoulder, but it's VERY important for a doctor who has personally examined the injury to recommend HOW you should go about that. Wrong opinions could do all kinds of further damage, including what happened to a buddy of mine who went to the gym the day after an accident, and ripped his labrum right off the bone. Turns out it was torn 90% of the way off in the crash, and he didn't know it. Now it's been operated on, and will be in a cast & sling for 2 months. If he had gotten it properly diagnosed, it would have been a much smaller surgery to fix it, and way less pain.

Charles

sorry to bring this thread back i didnt wanna start a new one
my doc said to feel it out and basically not lift if it physically hurts and come back in a few weeks as i might need an MRI
I did my back routien yesterday and felt fine today even during the deads too
But today i tried bench and the aching pain in my shoudelr where the collar bone meets the shoulder
It was fine with just the bar so I mean i still wanted to take it slow so I only got up to 95lbs whihc I could throw up easily 20-25 times beofre the accident so its light and now all around my shoulder is bruised and tender and feels crappy again
So I mean I hate to neglect pressing movements but would I beable to get away with doing back one leegs another and do thsoe mroe often or just turn my press days into really light work/shoudler mobility stuff until im back? Im going to consult my doctor next week

sorry to bring this thread back i didnt wanna start a new one
my doc said to feel it out and basically not lift if it physically hurts and come back in a few weeks as i might need an MRI
I did my back routien yesterday and felt fine today even during the deads too
But today i tried bench and the aching pain in my shoudelr where the collar bone meets the shoulder
It was fine with just the bar so I mean i still wanted to take it slow so I only got up to 95lbs whihc I could throw up easily 20-25 times beofre the accident so its light and now all around my shoulder is bruised and tender and feels crappy again
So I mean I hate to neglect pressing movements but would I beable to get away with doing back one leegs another and do thsoe mroe often or just turn my press days into really light work/shoudler mobility stuff until im back? Im going to consult my doctor next week

As your doctor said, if pressing movements hurt then don't do them. I think you'll be able to get away with only doing back/legs for a little while, but if it's for a long time then i am not sure how it would effect you. Having said that, it's definitely better than nothing- good luck and the idea with light work/shoulder mobility stuff sounds good to me :)

For the car insurance normally the insurance agent should automatic claim it for you.

It great that you still alive

I think it take time before you can exercise you shoulder again

Just dont push so hard your ownself just take a rest first.

Ok

Top Bottom