Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can someone explain the following exercises to me?

ZZuluZ

I've come about several exercises mentioned over at WSB and in several posts but I can't figure out what they are.

Any help with the following exercises would be very much appreciated:

1.) That tricep exercise cubanito is so good at. Does anyone have a pic of this?

2.) Dimmel squats

3.) Carpet Presses

4.) Hassock squats

5.) Anderson squats "suspended"?

6.) Anderson goodmornings "suspended"

7.) Kneeling squats

Thx a ton guys :)

-ZUlu

ZZulu - at elitefts.com, then ask dave, in the exercise index there's a good description of "elbows out extensions" -

I assumed kneeling squats were just that - squatting in a kneeling position, but I've never done them (how do you unrack the bar and get in position for those?) as for the others, I'm not exactly sure either, so I'll let someone else give it a try :)

I can tell you what some of those are, though some are a mystery to me too.

Cubanito is good at the Tate Press, or elbows out tricep extensions. Lay on an incline bench, take a dumbell in each hand, press it up to the top, keep the bells touching, and lower the bells down so that the flat part is on your chest, then press them back to the original position, keeping the bells touching the whole time. At the top, you should look like you just d-bell pressed, and at the bottom, the weights should be resting on your chest, and you elbows are out, and your fists are pointing at one another with your thumb side toward your chest.

hassock squats are just like a box squat except that you sit on a hassock instead of a box. A hassock is kind of a box with padding, so that it gives with you when you set on it.

Anderson good mornings are a good morning done with the bar either suspended from chains draped over the top of the power rack, or rested on the pins. the movement starts and stops at the bottom rather than top position. this is a very good exercise. I would recommend, getting your body in about the same position it would be for a conventional deadlift, then placing the pins or chains in a position where the bar is on your shoulders at that starting spot.

Kneeling squats are just what they sound like. Sit down like a toddler watches TV, on your knees with your feet under your butt. Set the catch bars and j-hooks very low, to accomodate. I have never done these, they look to me like they would murder your knees.

Carpet press, I think is just like a board press, except you use a rolled up towel, or peice of carpet instead of the board. I am sure about the other ones, this one, I am not 100% on, and the other ones you mentioned, I have no idea.

B

Yes it's the DB elbow out ext you can find a pic at www.elitefts.com then go to "ask dave" then "excercise index". it should be on there. I dunno if I'm too good at Tate presses I only do 70's for 8.

"ZZulu - at elitefts.com, then ask dave, in the exercise index there's a good description of "elbows out extensions"
"

Thank you, I found it.... very interesting.

Thx a ton Brian...I understand all the exercises from your description except the kneeling squat. I'm just having a very had time picturing it...

-Zulu

DESCRIPTIONS

Don't know what a dimel squat is but a dimel dealift is a deadlift but you stop the bar slightly below the knees and than lock out. If you stick your butt out, it really hits the hams hard.

3.) Carpet Presses

tAKE A PIECE OF CARPET OR TOWEL AND ROLL IT UP. Performed like a board press but use a close grip, keep elbows tucked in. Bring it down low towards ribs. Thanroll back slightly and press up.

4.) Hassock squats

Sameas a boz squat but a hassock makes yuo sink in as you release the hip flexors. Very hard.

5.) Anderson squats "suspended"?

It's a squat suspended in chains. You are starting in the low position, and just squat the weight up.

6.) Anderson goodmornings "suspended"

same as above.

7.) Kneeling squats

Just as it sounds. Put same padding under your knees. It's a very short range of motion. Start the squat with the bar on your back. You are down on your kneels. Go down until yuor butt hit's the back of your calves.

Top Bottom