Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can I build a good backwithout deadlifts?

I just started doing deadlifts myself, I've noticed considerable increases in lower back strength-I'm all about getting the V-shaped back.
Be sure to space out ur back and leg days though, cuz ur hammys will be hurtin

The main target is the erectors, but the traps get hit plenty hard. Does very little for lats in my opinion.

Done deadies for a few years (4 sets) but lately Ive cut back to 2 sets (5-7rep range) and are consentrating more on my lats. If done properly deadies involve more muscle groups than any other exercise.

"why deadlift then? why not just squat till you can squat no more?"

compairing squats to dead lifts is like saying pull ups are the same as lat pull downs on a machine.

or saying bench press with free weights is the same as a bench press on a smith machine.

anyone who has done both CORRECTLY will know that its like compairing apples to oranges.

both very taxing......but hit different areas harder

To answer the original question, yes you could build a good back without deadlifts. To my knowledge, rows work out every muscle in the back with the exception of the erectors, which could be worked without deadlifts. Don't get me wrong, I love deads, probably my favorite exercise, but I still believe one can build a good back without them.

Back to the basics and Deads are one of the BASICS! Not necessary perhaps but certainly one of the best all around muscle builders IMHO:idea:

Top Bottom