Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can anyone give me a good workout?!?

What training has he had? Virtually none. Does he have a solid background in exercise science or nutrition? Nope. Has he even had the time to apply any exercise theory seriously? No he hasn't. If knowledge equals how many posts a person has , then yes he's "knowledgeable" but I don't consider views gleaned from reading Heavy Duty or Cyberpump! to be the utmost pinnacle of exercise science. Anyone can read from a book and parrot information, does this constitute true knowledge, enough knowledge to be giving advice to rank beginners? I think not. Try reading Supertraining, along with Tudor Bompa and Zatsiorsky's respective works and then you'll only be scratching the surface of what true exercise science is about.

I have no clue where you are getting this false info on me. I've read Zatsiorsky's book, I'm a member of supertraining and I've read some of Tudor's work. I've been training for a little over 2 years now...and you?

Just to explain the isolation exercises: I included isolation exercises for each of the major parts because they eliminate the weak links in the compound lifts. All compound lifts are limited by the weak links (shoulders and tri's for chest, biceps for back, etc) so by elimitating the weak links we can train the target muscle maximally. These so-called "shaping" exercises are more effective than so-called "mass building" exercise for this simple reason. Also, isolation exercises require less skill level, so you are able to stimulate growth faster (you can only stimulate growth once the nervous system is done "optimizing" itself to the given movement). Additionally, isolation exercises induce a localized hormone release in the muscle you are working (PGF-2, PGE-2) for further growth of this muscle. I'm sure you have heard of bodybuilders doing isolation exercises to bring out striations in muscle. This may occur because isolation exercises cause targeted muscles to add more sarcomeres in series to the already existing sarcomere filaments, which would create the appearance of a more "full" muscle. This phenomenon may also give the appearance of a lengthened muscle because this occurs especially at the point of the muscle where the epimysium narrows into a tendon; which is the end of a muscle (lower biceps, outer chest, lower quad, etc). You have to make sure that isolation exercises are only used to "supplement" your primary compound exercises, in other words they should never take away from your progress on the compound exercises. In summary, compound/multi joint exercises should always be your focus, but isolation exercises are a valuable tool - especially in lagging muscle groups. If you don't know how to perform a certain exercise, this is a great site for exercise descriptions and demonstrations:

http://www.planetkc.com/exrx/lists/directory.html

Top Bottom