Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calories

R

Rolls Royce

Can anyone tell me how many calories a day I need to get in order to gain some muscle?... I weigh 176 lbs. right now.

Also, could you tell me the formula used to figure this out?

The amount of calories differs from person to person. And like diamond said the ratio is very important too.

But ill give you a very simple guidline. Take your body weigth and multiply with 12. Thus 176x12=2112 cals. start at this amount the go up or down depending or your gaining weigth or not
hope this helps

thanks _jaap_... I was starting to freak out cause my current diet is only getting me around 2000 calories a day and for some reason i thought i needed to be in the neighbourhood of 3000. good to know that i'm right where i need to be. thanks bro.:D

Unless you are my 6 year old neice you are NOT getting enough. I would ad at least 500-1000 and go from there. Also cals are more important, in that it doesnt matter how much protein your getting unless you are in a caloric abundance.
hope that helps. Now go eat.

Not sure who that q is to but IMO the ratio is more important when cutting, but cals will always be the deciding factor.

I was just reading somehwere that it should be between 15-17 times your bodyweight... So that means I should be getting at least 2640 cals per day?... Looks like I'll have to fix my diet a little.

ehm rolls the number is not that important just pick one and fix your diet to that number. Then do that for a week and monitor progress.

How many pounds did you gain or lose in that week
Did you strength increase or decreade
How do you look in the mirror
How do you feel

taking all that in account up or down the cals by 200-300. Then asess after the next week again. Just simply pick a methode pick a number and change it to suit you.

Last edited:
correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought that...

-cutting cals = bodyweight x 11 or 12

-maintainance cals = bodyweight x 16

-bulking cals = bodyweight x 19 or 20

Top Bottom