Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

calories burned?

Well that depends.

Do you sit around leaning on the rack yaking away at everyone, or do you work?

If you do work, what kind of stuff are you doing? Rest times, etc.

Intensity changes.

Check the web for some "average" calorie burns for various activities. I've seen quite a few and I think they usually say about 300-400 cals per session. I think I blow that out of the water though. I'm so fried after 50 minutes of lifting I feel like puking and then lying down in my puke for a warm nap.

Griz1 said:
I've seen quite a few and I think they usually say about 300-400 cals per session.

I would rather say 500 - 1000

Ive wondered this myself. Id like to run some tests. Is there a monitor one can wear during a training session that would give an estimate? Would be interesting to see.

WalkingBeast said:
Ive wondered this myself. Id like to run some tests. Is there a monitor one can wear during a training session that would give an estimate? Would be interesting to see.

The only accurate way would be to measure your oxygen consumption

WalkingBeast said:

Beast...I don't think your calories burned would be an incredible amount, as you like to rest, sometime in upwards of 20minuites........but, you have more muscle than many + Your intensity is cranked...............truth is, it will depend entirely on the individual.............

Im not willing to spend any decent amount of money on some device to test it, anyway. haha Would be interesting though. My rest times now have definately been shortened. Deadlifts were the main reason for those long rest periods. I havent done them in a while, due to the back injuries. But still, my rests can still be longer then many people's. My concern is mainly getting the work done. The main time I try to move faster, and keep a pump is on arm days. I agree though. Im sure it differs greatly from one to the other.

Top Bottom