Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Caloric Cycling? Help me out....

HarmsWayBC

I am an ex-powerlifter who has shed a lot of weight in an attempt to try bodybuilding.....so far, i've gone from a bodyweight of 246-247 to a current weight of about 168. However, my bench press max has dropped from 375 lbs (contest form) to 300 lbs....I've lost a lot of weight, but also a lot of muscle, despite keeping my protein intake high....i folllow a diet cycle like this:

Day 1:
200-250 g of protein
150-250 g of carbs
2000-2500 cals

Day 2:
200-250 g protein
100-150 g of carbs
2000 cals

Day 3:
250 g of protein
50-100 g of carbs
2000 cals

Day 4:
4000-5000 cals
60-70% carbs
(glycogen refill, overfeeding day)

(CYCLE REPEATS)

With this plan i've dropped tons of weight, but i'm so light right now and i can still barely make out my abs...i can see the first top two, and a little of the next two, but still none below that (that trouble area around the navel)

I think i only really need to lose 5 lbs of FAT....is there a better path to do this and maintain or even build more muscularity as i drop these last few pounds? Also, my bodyfat is roughly 10% give or take....any help wuld be great...diets, supplements, anything!

-Matt

Let me just make a suggestion: your carbs are low but not low enough for you to have a recarb, in my view. I would run the diet for 2 more days before I have a recarb. So, 6 day diet (last 2 days <50 carbs a day) then day 7 recarb. Also, do not go over 100 carbs a day. You are sure to loose more bodyfat that way. Now, as far as supplements, try Yohimbe with ECA. The combo should do the trick in aiding fat-loss. Just remember, the lower gut is the last to go. So, give it time and work, it will come.
Mr.X:cool:

When one has lost a significant amount of weight (particularly if it is to a level below your set-point), the primary benefit of a refeed is not to replenisg glycogen, but rather to elevate leptin levels in orders to keep the metabolism up as well as to preserve LBM.

Given the amount of weight he has lost, a refeed every four days is not at all too often -- I would expect that he would actually benefit from more frequent refeeds.

I agree about controlling insulin and manipulating the adrenergic system.

I would suggest 3 days of >50 carbs along with yohimbine (and possibly small amounts of EC for appetitie suppression) followed by a highcarb, low fat refeed day.

Top Bottom