Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bulking

Right, this is my new program...

day 1

squats- 5 sets of 6-8 reps
leg press-2 sets 0f 10 reps
leg curls-3 sets of 10 reps
cafl raises-5 sets of 15-20 reps

day 3

bench press-5 sets, 1st set 4 reps, 2nd sets 6 reps, 3,4 and 5 8 reps
dips- 3 sets max reps
shoulder press-4 sets of 5 reps
laterals-3 sets of 10
pushdowns-5 sets of 10

day 5

deadlifts-5 sets of 4 reps
barbell rows-4 sets of 8 reps
curls- 3 sets of 6-8 reps
preaher curls-2 sets of 10
hammer curls-2 sets of 10
wrist curls- 2 sets of 15 reps

Will that give me some weight, i am 155lbs and was told that my reps where too low(i used to do 4)...so if anyone has any advice on changes or reps, sets what ever to gain weight please reply

thanx

:fro: :fro: :fro: :fro: :fro: :fro: :fro: :fro: :mix: :mad:

Well, on the bench press i would probably do the pyramid the other way, something like 10, 8, 6 4. Also you only to one excercise for tri's and two for back yet you you have 4 for bi's. Your tri's and back probably need one more and your bi need less. you should have more excercises large muscles and less for small ones. Other than that it looks ok. I am not a pro these are just the things that stood out to me. hope that helps.:)

I think u have a good basic routine.....

About the bench...
If the bench pyramid workz for u, stick to it:

This is how i pyramid my power exercises:

7 (5 + 2 forced spotter reps, increase weight)
|
5 (3 + 2 forces reps, decrease weight)
|
10 (8+2 forced reps, keep same weight)
|
10 (6-7 + forced reps until 10)

Keep it up!

I just posted a memo on this thread:
Need help developing biceps. by Stubby2. Maybe that info will help you determine if your program is adequate.

The info in the post I ref'd to you is applicable to every lift. I hope you didn't think it only pertained to the bicep. Anyway, all bicep curling exercises are basically the same. Every deviation of just the basic curl is either a change in angle or hand position. As long as you're going to positive failure (like a mentioned in the ref'd post) it really doesn't matter what curling exercise you do. Find one that you enjoy and stick with it. Personally, I like doing DB curls while lying on an incline bench (if you do this exercise, let the weight come to a complete stop before curling again, because it's easy to use the momentum for the next rep).

Top Bottom