Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bulking AND getting cut?!

T

t3c

I am 140 pounds, i've been bulking and eating TONS of food to gain 10 pounds. Now I have fat around my stomach and sides...I still want to bulk but i don't like all this fat and want it gone for the summer

What do i do?

t3c said:
I am 140 pounds, i've been bulking and eating TONS of food to gain 10 pounds. Now I have fat around my stomach and sides...I still want to bulk but i don't like all this fat and want it gone for the summer

What do i do?

Switch back and forth between bulking and cutting every 2-3 weeks.

You could also try a cyclical isocaloric diet.

Re: Re: bulking AND getting cut?!

Par Deus said:

Switch back and forth between bulking and cutting every 2-3 weeks.

You could also try a cyclical isocaloric diet.

If using the CID to bulk how do your recomendations change any as far as calories. I'm back from spring break and ready to put on some size and liked the CID for dieting.

t3c:
You cannot cut and bulk at the same time. If you do, this will be a very slow process. You will only get angrier, and won't gain much weight.

I recommend you using cycles like Par Deus said. Those cycles are like one step back, two steps forward.
Peace

A CID is not a true bulking diet -- meaning you absolutely cannot gain as much muscle as if you just overfed without interuption. It is intended to try to get around the "can't bulk and cut at the same time" by doing each for very short periods and hopefully tricking your body as to its nutritional state as well, so we can get some nutrient repartitioning. But, the body is smart, we can only trick it so much.

That aside, if you are going to do it with an emphasis on bulking, I would go 5-10% below maintenence on the dieting part and 30-50% above on the mass part.

Exactly how you time everything will depend on your workout routine. Ideally, you would diet for the first 5-6 hours after you wake up, workout, then overfeed the rest of the day, 5-7 days a week.

t3c: If you are a woman...I can see your point. If you are a man and weigh 140 lbs...then you should not be worrying about the fat. Just gain weight.

B True

Top Bottom