Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulk Diet Help/Review

Colbycheez

Im fixin to start on Madcow's 5x5 intermediate program because i want to gain a good amount of bulk.

My stats...
age 17
weight 180
bf 14-16%
want to gain to around 200 with minimal bf gains

I want to know if this bulk diet is up to par with my goals....plz review

*My Dinner (meal with question marks) is whatever my mom cooks...i usully good a good amount of veggies and some meat plus a few starchs

I have sorta changed up the diet a little but i dont feel like changing the chart...just need some suggestions/review to see if the plan (or any of my changes) are goin to get me where i need to go.

View attachment 39019

View attachment 39020

View attachment 39021

My Sunday plan is little different due to schedule

One change that i have made is a protein shake w/ milk 30 minutes prior before every workout

Well thats about it

Plz review!!!!!

Last edited:
Welcome to EF bro!!!

Your diet is not too bad. I think you need more overall calories and carbs though.

Your first breakfast should be eggs, oats, and fruit. The shake and banana are not cutting it. You need to 'Break the Fast" with a high protein, high carb meal first thing in the morning.

In your before dinner meal you need to add some green veggies. Broccoli, asparagus, spinach, green beans, cabbage, etc. Peanuts are ok but raw almonds or walnuts would be a better choice.

Your after dinner meal "turkey sandwich" is only showing two grams of carbs? What kind of bread is that? lol

I'm not too sure what kind of protein bars you are eating, but I can tell you that most brands are pure junk. You should checkout needto's better bars. Click here for the best protein bars ever made

2280-2800 calories is not enough bro. add in more carbs. the protein is fine but you can add a little more as well. 1.5-2 grams per pound. i suggest starting at 3500 calories. then add more food every few weeks after your body gets used to taking in that amount of food. 20 pounds is alot considering you want minimum fat gain. i think you should work on 10 pounds first, then from there, adjust your diet a little more.

Welcome to EF bro!!!

Your diet is not too bad. I think you need more overall carbs though.

Your first breakfast should be eggs, oats, and fruit. The shake and banana are not cutting it. You need to 'Break the Fast" with a high protein, high carb meal first thing in the morning.

In your before dinner meal you need to add some green veggies. Broccoli, asparagus, spinach, green beans, cabbage, etc. Peanuts are ok but raw almonds or walnuts would be a better choice.

Your after dinner meal "turkey sandwich" is only showing two grams of carbs? What kind of bread is that? lol

I'm not too sure what kind of protein bars you are eating, but I can tell you that most brands are pure junk. You should checkout needto's better bars. Click here for the best protein bars ever made

You beat me to it, lol.

Also for PWO you need to add some more carbs. The banana is not cutting it. If you don't want to waste money on a Pre-mixed formula you could make this in the blender....

2 Scoops Whey
40g Oats
1 banana
1 tblp Raw Honey
8-12oz Skim milk

This is a killer home made high calorie PWO shake.

Thanks all for your input...i have just recently decided to get serious, been working out for about 8 months

Oh and the turkey sandwhich thing....forgot to add in wheat bread lol

And i was wondering about my breakfast too...i was frickin hungry after about an hour after the shake and banana...i was under the assumption that my body needed quick protein and carbs right when i wake up

Should i worry about too much egg fat for breakfast?

Im also trying out some macrobolic protein bars, they are a 45/35/20 split (Carbs/Pro/Fat) and they are only 3 grams of sugar, 20 g protein, 37g carbs, 7 g fat

For your breakfast, you can have a mix of quick carbs and protein along with slow carbs and protein. you can have the shake and banana first, then eat a cup of oatmeal and some egg whites, plus a yolk or 2. breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day.

For your breakfast, you can have a mix of quick carbs and protein along with slow carbs and protein. you can have the shake and banana first, then eat a cup of oatmeal and some egg whites, plus a yolk or 2. breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day.

I can eat this all at once correct? and is two whole eggs alright?

Top Bottom