Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Break Down this Diet for me....

ireekofawesomeness

Big Bro
Platinum
im getting acl surgery next wednesday so im trying to plan my diet/training for when im healed up to maximize effectiveness...this is a general idea of what ill be doing, let me know what you all think, im looking for any and all suggestions to make it as close to perfect as i can

10:00 AM: 60g whey, 1 cup oats, 1 banana, 8 oz skim milk all blended
12:30 PM: 10 ounces cooked chicken strips, 1 cup brown rice
****work out from 1:15 or so until 3:00****
2:30 PM: 75g whey, 20g glutamine, 1 Carbo Force (sip from 2:30-3:00)
3:45 PM: 12 ounces lean steak or 93% beef, 1 cup brown rice, veggies
6:45 PM: just under 2 cans of albacore tuna, 3 tbsp natty PB
9:45 PM: 5 whole eggs, 6 oz super lean ham steak (approx 35g pro 6g fat)
12:45 AM: 70g casein, 2 tbsp flaxseed oil

this is the rough plan...im also considering doing more smaller meals bc ive eaten this way for a while (70g protein per meal) and gotten good results but lately im not gaining weight when i try to and i definitely dont think i should or could effectively up my cals per meal now and utilize it...thinkin maybe cut each meal down to 50g protein and do like 10 meals a day?

p.s. im 24 y/o 6'5 240 lbs probably close to 14% now maybe even 15% wear 35 jeans, i was 250 and 12 or 11 in march when i hurt myself but somehow im still eating how i did then and not getting total slobbish even tho i cant do legs at all and am way limited w cardio

any way lemme know what you think

honestly i think having 70g of whey at one time is a waste.....your body can only use so much protein at one time and then the rest gets absorbed as fat. and i also think 500g of protein a day is insane....even if you are 240lbs. i would keep it less then 400g a day....1.5x i think is the consenus here on the board.

i think 7-8 meals a day 40-50g each meal would do you right.

well heres my take on that...i need the calories for sure, so if i cut the protein i have 2 options, carbs or fat...my body gets fat fast off them so should i up the fat?

you know your body best.....and you know what works and what doesn't. i think a 40/30/30 should be fine....is your goal to put on weight? i thought that is what you were talking about since you mentioned not being able to gain weight when you want.

i dunno ive kinda hit a point where most people will probably say im nuts but its hard for me to put on weight anymore without getting bloated and fatter even being 6'5 at 240 bc i cant do heavy core movements like deadlifts and squats let alone ANY leg training with my torn ACL and i also have 2 slightly bulging discs in my lower back...i guess well see what happens after my surgery

i guarantee my body uses the shake i have during the workout...MAYBE i dont use all the protein in the other meals of the day maybe i do but either way i need the clas and figure thats where i should get it from

When more than 35-45 grams of whey is used at one time, i was always under the impression that it is absorbed too quickly, and what the body cannot assimilate for tissue repair is oxidized for energy and if you don't work it off, it ends up around the old waistline. an excess of ANY nutrient (protein, carbs or fat) has the potential to make you fat. Of the three major nutrients, yes...protein is the LEAST likely to do so as it's primarily a structural nutrient rather than an energy nutrient. i guess different metabolic systems require and can handle different dosages....i really don't have hardcore evidence to back me up....i'm just going on basically what i have read in every single muscle magazine since i was 15.

what do you think lifter? only time i would i would ever consume more then 40g of protein is pwo. i'm sure you know better then i as i still consider myself a novice even though i've been lifitng for years....i'm curious to hear your take on it

Bottom line, if your body needs 1 gr. of protein, it will use 1 gr. If it needs 70, it will use 70. The body is smart, and will utilize whatever nutrients you give it in the fashion needed.

Top Bottom