Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing + bodybuilding ?

I know theres been a lot of discussion about this in the past but everyone seems to have different views and opinions. So the question is.. Can you successfuly do both? When I say bodybuliding, I dont mean competitively, but I am strongly considering taking up boxing again, and I will want to start fighting again in the future. Bodybuilding will allways be my number one priority but boxing will be my mistress ;-)

I am a ecto hardgainer, so dont want to have to loose size just for speed, agility etc . I was considering doing a test cycle next year BUT if boxing will jeopardise size gains and make them harder to keep after cycle then I'll just forget it ! Ill be boxing either once or twice a week, and weight training push / pull / legs 3 times a week.

So basically what im trying to say is I dont want to be lanky and ripped. I want muscle mass, but at the same time be good a boxing. So if anyone has any experience or knowledge then please share, especially regarding the steroid cycle.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my LT15i using EliteFitness

If bodybuilding is to be your priority then you'll have to accept that you'll always be fairly short on stamina and you'll most likely be heavier than would be ideal but there's no reason you can't combine the two. Any time a light heavyweight wants to play with the big boys they have to body build to gain the weight.

It can be done, there are some very well built boxers out there. But I think it does have a lot to do with height and body structure.

I was into kick boxing for years and I fought great at 170-185lb. But right now I'm lifting for power and size so I'm at 210lb. But I would not get in the ring at this weight against a 210lb K1 fighter lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using EliteFitness

if you want to focus on boxing then you should have a trainer/coach who will allow you to do X amount of weights.

boxers have to make weight (unless they are heavyweights of course then i guess it doesn't matter) so extra muscle mass is a disadvantage obviously. you want lean muscle

Thanks for the replies guys. Im stuck in two minds at the moment!!! Please help me decide......

1 = continue making the most out of my terrible genetics (tall skinny fat ecto), stick to bodybuilding, eventually begin steroid use, and get a respectable mediocre body...

2 = stuff it whats the point in working so hard to change what god gave me, start boxing and accomplish something. Lift weights recreationaly just for the fun, and stop caring about my size....

This is what is going through my head 24/7 ... Im an all or nothing person, seen as I cant do both to the fullest of my abilities , then I need to choose ONE path to take from here ....

I think the same way bro! Seriously

I decided to bulk for a year. I'm half way through. Bulking diet plan, heavy lifting, and keeping my reps in the 6-10 range for size. So when it gets to December 1st, ill change my diet to cut down. Change my work out to kick boxing Mon-Thu. Fri will be chest and tri's. Sat will be back and bi's. I'll be working shoulders and legs enough already.

I've always had the same problem as you. But we both know its impossible to bulk and cut at the same time. So I'm just trying to get as big as possible. Then, become a bigger fighter. Make sense?

Thanks for the replies guys. Im stuck in two minds at the moment!!! Please help me decide......

1 = continue making the most out of my terrible genetics (tall skinny fat ecto), stick to bodybuilding, eventually begin steroid use, and get a respectable mediocre body...

2 = stuff it whats the point in working so hard to change what god gave me, start boxing and accomplish something. Lift weights recreationaly just for the fun, and stop caring about my size....

This is what is going through my head 24/7 ... Im an all or nothing person, seen as I cant do both to the fullest of my abilities , then I need to choose ONE path to take from here ....

Yea I understand mate, its frustrating for people like us cos we gotta work twice as hard at everything. And its so so easy to just give up and screw up on diet etc. The thing that depresses me the MOST is I know people who are twice the size of me and have big broad shoulders and they've never lifted a weight in there life !

Lol so true! It's very hard training this way. I cut down so much when I'm fighting, it sucks. I was to look like a bodybuilder, but have the skills of a fights. My genetics do not let me do that! But I think I'm on the right path, so ill see what happens.

Personally I'd go with 2. Lifting weights can help with power for boxing without increasing mass although it'd be a very different routine to a body building one.

Top Bottom