Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Bought a new truck yesterday

bigbair

New member
2004 Chevy 3/4 ton Silverado. Loaded with everything I need and alot of things I don't. Got the windows tinted yesterday and my sirius radio installed today. Got to order a brush guard and bug visor tomorrow. Talked to a guy about new wheels and tires yesterday.

Best option on the whole truck is Quadrasteer. With something that big it's amazing what having the rear tires steer will do for maneuverability. I can whip that thing around like a lil' car.

I traded my Tahoe for it, even. I like my Tahoe better, but I need a pickup for rental property, some investments I have going, and my lil' farm I call home.

BTW, I'm estimating the gas mileage at about 12 mpg.

BB
 
4 door? silverado's, in my mind, are the most comfortable truck (compared to f150's or ram's). the six speed tranny should up that mileage to like 20-25, fairly respectable
 
thats funny about the gas. you dont have a car payment but your gas expense will double a payment. it does for me with my 89 mustang gt. it has so many performance upgrades i get real shitty gas mileage. no car payment but i spend at leased $10 a day in gas.
 
bigmann245 said:
thats funny about the gas. you dont have a car payment but your gas expense will double a payment. it does for me with my 89 mustang gt. it has so many performance upgrades i get real shitty gas mileage. no car payment but i spend at leased $10 a day in gas.

have you heard about the new gm 6 speed? supposedly it doubles mileage...as well, dodge has a new v-8 that will run on 4 cylinders when the hp is not needed...ie cruising down the highway with no load.
technology is getting better :)
 
Gambino said:
have you heard about the new gm 6 speed? supposedly it doubles mileage...as well, dodge has a new v-8 that will run on 4 cylinders when the hp is not needed...ie cruising down the highway with no load.
technology is getting better :)

The multi cylinder think was tried many years ago by Cadillac. Chrysler Corporation trying to perfect it seems like heartache looking to happen. :worried:
 
Gambino said:
have you heard about the new gm 6 speed? supposedly it doubles mileage...as well, dodge has a new v-8 that will run on 4 cylinders when the hp is not needed...ie cruising down the highway with no load.
technology is getting better :)

never opt for those types of engines they are absolutely horrible and do not shift properly..that kind fo technology is a few years away..
i wish manufacturers would just be honest about MPG's..fuck i wanat a dually jsut because they look badass not because i need it for work lol..i could careless about economy..if i did id drive a yugo

in therorty they sound great but id stik with a reg engine that fires when you need it

what kinda engine package you get in ur chevy
ive got a v-8 dodge i get 11.5 on the street so your proll yin the ball park assuming 12mpg
 
wnt2bBeast said:
never opt for those types of engines they are absolutely horrible and do not shift properly..that kind fo technology is a few years away..
i wish manufacturers would just be honest about MPG's..fuck i wanat a dually jsut because they look badass not because i need it for work lol..i could careless about economy..if i did id drive a yugo

in therorty they sound great but id stik with a reg engine that fires when you need it

what kinda engine package you get in ur chevy
ive got a v-8 dodge i get 11.5 on the street so your proll yin the ball park assuming 12mpg

lol...dually's do look cool as hell, totally impractical if you have nothing to tow though...fuck how do you park a dually in the city? some hee-haws around here have pimped out dually's, with suspension lifts and monster slicks replacing the duallys
 
Cadillac tried that cylinder shut off thing in the early 70's I believe... It failed horribly - but today's technology has gotten a lot better. I'd be interested to see how they do it today.

Hybrid technology is still looking like the better option when compared to the cylinder shut off - which may become mechanically awkward.
 
Gambino said:
lol...dually's do look cool as hell, totally impractical if you have nothing to tow though...fuck how do you park a dually in the city? some hee-haws around here have pimped out dually's, with suspension lifts and monster slicks replacing the duallys

LOL you have to get used to parking them and then walking to wherever it is you need to go LOL-good cardio though

nah i wouldnt pimp it out maybe jsut tweak the engine a bit some nice loud mufflers thats about it
 
UA_Iron said:
Cadillac tried that cylinder shut off thing in the early 70's I believe... It failed horribly - but today's technology has gotten a lot better. I'd be interested to see how they do it today.

Hybrid technology is still looking like the better option when compared to the cylinder shut off - which may become mechanically awkward.

i dunno main, i think biodiesel has more potential...fuck i was reading about a dude who runs a diesel truck completely from grain oil he gets donated from fast food places...he tours the country in his truck spreading the word, fueling up for free as he goes. seem interesting
 
Wow this is ironic. I just traded in my 02 Tahoe LT for a 06 GMC Sierra Z71 with 20" factory chromes, stainless steel Corsa exhaust (dual) lots of extras. It's the Pro-sport model.
Good luck with your new truck, you made a nice choice.
 
Gambino said:
fucking sweet

03ram-1.jpg


Def. a sweet truck, I just see no use for it unless you had to haul HEAVY cargo. I need a more all around vehicle.
 
ortiz34 said:
Def. a sweet truck, I just see no use for it unless you had to haul HEAVY cargo. I need a more all around vehicle.

for sure bor...but if you had horses/boat/trailer, that is the way to go
 
ortiz isn't this beatiful? gear to gear timing,open headers, just loud as fuck...totally impractical, but sweet


Gambino said:
dodge dually with pimp suspension and tires, fucking sick

DarrinNelson.jpg
 
Here's a pic of what it looked like after I got it off the lot. 6 liter V8, about 300 something horses, I think. 4 door, black, tan leather interior. I got the rest of the tint taken care of Thursday and talked to a guy here about new wheels and tires. The sorry ass wheels and tires that come from the factory kill me. It's like having a really pimp suite and wearing a pair of worn out sneakers. They just don't go together. Anyhow, I think I've got some wheels picked out that I like. Bug shield and stainless steel brush guard are on their way.

I'm also gonna raise the front end about 2 inches. Chevy makes their trucks so that they squat down in the front for aerodynamics. I personally cant stand it. My tire guy said he can adjust most of it out with the front torsion bar without affecting the ride.

It's nothing special to look at yet, but It'll catch your eye when I'm done with it. Thanks for the input and I'm always open to suggestions when it comes to this stuff.

BB
 
bigbair said:
It's nothing special to look at yet, but It'll catch your eye when I'm done with it. Thanks for the input and I'm always open to suggestions when it comes to this stuff.

BB

first thing should be a pair of pipes with no mufflers...i'd run them straight off the block all the way back...put some nice tips on them. i dig the glass pack sound but many don't. you're right about these wheels, fucking pathetic...i'd put some 31 inch meats with a 3 inch suspension lift. that's just me :)
 
Gambino said:
first thing should be a pair of pipes with no mufflers...i'd run them straight off the block all the way back...put some nice tips on them. i dig the glass pack sound but many don't. you're right about these wheels, fucking pathetic...i'd put some 31 inch meats with a 3 inch suspension lift. that's just me :)

will that pass inspection???

31's are small for that truck my bros got 31's on his jeep :)
the chevy is much bigger

personally i really like MT classic lokc wheels
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/images/ClassicLock.gif
 
i hate lifted trucks so much'


one killed this biker cuz he didnt see the biker (too raised and his harley was at a stop lite..chillin and truck was like lifted and just ran the poor guy over


lifted trucks should be agasinst the law imo

1. dangerous
2. loud
3. pollute
4. hard to see over/over
5. usually hard ass types drive them so they are usually fucking hard ons
 
The tires I have picked out are 33's. I'm not into getting the truck too jacked up in the air, but my guy said the tires would raise it about 2 inches and with the adjustment to the front end, it should balance out OK.

Gambino- dual pipes have been on my mind. I've got a good muffler guy here in town who can give it some grunt without sounding too loud. Enough to raise a little hell when you want.

I'm stuck between 17 and 18 inch wheels. I've got a set of Eagle 145's picked out that I like but I gotta talk to my tire guy about size. I think anything much over 18 is too big for me, just my personal taste.

I'm in a small town in central KY and every dude and his brother has a pickup. I'd like to do something to set mine apart.

One more thing, I have to be careful with tire size due to the quadrasteer and having enough clearance in the rear wheel well. 33's will work, but much more than that may be questionable.

Keep the input coming. I'm always open to ideas

BB
 
tiger88 said:
i hate lifted trucks so much'


one killed this biker cuz he didnt see the biker (too raised and his harley was at a stop lite..chillin and truck was like lifted and just ran the poor guy over


lifted trucks should be agasinst the law imo

1. dangerous
2. loud
3. pollute
4. hard to see over/over
5. usually hard ass types drive them so they are usually fucking hard ons

quit being a pussy bor...scroll up and look at that tricked out dodge...you know you'd love to drive that quit fronting
 
Gambino said:
quit being a pussy bor...scroll up and look at that tricked out dodge...you know you'd love to drive that quit fronting



dude lifted trucks are so fucking dangerous to others on the road

be on a bike and have these fucks drive around :rolleyes: semi trucks aint a problem they arent assholes on the road...
 
tiger88 said:
dude lifted trucks are so fucking dangerous to others on the road

be on a bike and have these fucks drive around :rolleyes: semi trucks aint a problem they arent assholes on the road...


a lifted truck doesn't pollute anymore than any other truck...there is lift laws and no offense but crotch-rocketters are fuckin hazardous
 
tiger88 said:
i hate lifted trucks so much'


one killed this biker cuz he didnt see the biker (too raised and his harley was at a stop lite..chillin and truck was like lifted and just ran the poor guy over


lifted trucks should be agasinst the law imo

1. dangerous
2. loud
3. pollute
4. hard to see over/over
5. usually hard ass types drive them so they are usually fucking hard ons


sorry to hear about the biker, but I'm not into monster truck style lifts either. I'm just talkin' about raising it up a bit to accommodate a lil' bigger set of tires/wheels.

I know what you mean about the jerkoffs that drive some of these trucks. I'm in a small redneck town and we have plenty of boners driving trucks around here.
 
tiger88 said:
dude lifted trucks are so fucking dangerous to others on the road

be on a bike and have these fucks drive around :rolleyes: semi trucks aint a problem they arent assholes on the road...

funny how "everyone" else is the asshole on the road..
no offense bro i dont know how you ride but i can tell you by me 8/10 who ride sport bikes are fuggin tools and one day when one of them comes to squeeze through me and another car id like to close line him :rolleyes:
 
you should have went with the diesel, much better gas mileage.

Whiskey
 
wnt2bBeast said:
funny how "everyone" else is the asshole on the road..
no offense bro i dont know how you ride but i can tell you by me 8/10 who ride sport bikes are fuggin tools and one day when one of them comes to squeeze through me and another car id like to close line him :rolleyes:

word
 
tiger88 said:
i hate lifted trucks so much'


one killed this biker cuz he didnt see the biker (too raised and his harley was at a stop lite..chillin and truck was like lifted and just ran the poor guy over


lifted trucks should be agasinst the law imo

1. dangerous
2. loud
3. pollute
4. hard to see over/over
5. usually hard ass types drive them so they are usually fucking hard ons

now, c'mon maing.

1. They aren't dangerous, only unskilled drivers behind the wheel of anything are dangerous.

2. Only loud if you make them loud. Not any louder than a Harley or Sport bike.

3. Only pollute if modded up like no other and no catalytic converter like mine ;-)

4. Hard to see over? Do you mean from behind or from those that lift them or get them lifted by retards that don't leave the rake in it. The front is supposed to be lower for a reason, aerodynamics, leave it that way and you'll see too.

5. About the hard ass type, I can't say anything, kinda true unless it's some scared shitless kid or girl



I like that duallie, that'd be fun in a cornfield on a rainy night.

As for the red dodge, it looks like the front tire is about to take out the fender in front of the door, i'd shave it a little.

Whiskey
 
Congratulations on the new toy!!! I bought my Silverado 1500 4x4 back in August and I'm still in love with him. :qt:

For the record, people who buy work trucks should know better than to bitch about the gas mileage after the fact.
 
dirty~d~ said:
Congratulations on the new toy!!! I bought my Silverado 1500 4x4 back in August and I'm still in love with him. :qt:

For the record, people who buy work trucks should know better than to bitch about the gas mileage after the fact.

Yeah, I'm still lovin' it. Gas is gas, my Tahoe didn't do much better. I can't say I was surprised, its a big, heavy damn truck.

BB
 
Top Bottom