Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body fat estimate

Meloncap78

Looking for a rough estimate. Caliper says 20% but I feel it's higher. Been lifting almost 2 years and still believe I am underdeveloped skinny fat.View attachment 130793View attachment 130803View attachment 130813

I recently started stronglifts 5x5 because everything else I have done has not worked. I am currently eating at 3500 40/40/20. I reset my weight back down low to start 5x5 and am working back up to where I was. Not sure if I need to cut before I decide to try and put mass on or if sticking to this program will start reaping the results that I haven't been able to get when left to my own devices. I think if I cut I will be cutting down to hostage mode. Thanks in advance for any input.

Yup definitely 20% +

Dexa scan would be an interesting tool to track your body composition progress.

If I were in your position I would drop the calories a bit and see how my body responds.

Good luck with it.

Upper 20 prob 26 27ish

Get that diet in check and cardio burn fat then worry about lifting to build on a clean slate

Ima leave this there it can be in diet and building

Pm me if u want help on meal plan etc..

If u want solid help I can give killer advice that In 3 months u will love the results

So in reality I am still a skinny dude under all this fat. Lol funny world we live in. Also would this implicate that I have very little lean mass to work with? I was a stick before I started lifting at 170 and now I am 205 after 2 years. I did have a 6 pack before I started though. I assume most of the "weight" I have gained is all fat. If so.....WTF are my noob gains???? I went from a 90 pound bench to 225x8, deadlift went from 135 to 405x2 (mainly neuromuscular gains I assume)

Just read this, and have a few thoughts to help you out. Yes, the weight you lift does not mean a thing as far as mass. No offense, but there are skinny 14 year old girls that bench 250. Note, that I did not say buff chested dudes. Feats of strength do not equate to mass pure and simple. I have been training for strength lately to get my numbers up on exercises, but for mass the 8-12 reps and volume is key I guess. I like training to failure, but I guess this isnt what massive people base their mass programs on. It doesnt make sense to me, but I have to adjust to a mass program, where you stop at a given number of reps, save energy for lots of sets. I really actually dont like it, it seems that training every set to failure should give more mass than people who dont work their hardest.

Also to be honest, the machine I was using for bodyfat at a grocery store changed. Their formulas along with the electic impulse changed. It did kinda piss me off! A note on those, BMI is bullshit obviously. Yes, I am overweight (fat). But I am not the 25% it says I am. Maybe 20%

I used to be big no muscle, then lost a ton of weight. Therefore, I have more bone mass, and skin. So, these machines do not account for that kind of stuff. Thats why the dexa will be accurate. So, all I can use this machine for now is tracking results from the time that the machine changed. If bodyfat goes up, it will go up from the number the first time I used it. It goes down, it will be an improvement from the first time I used it. So I will have to use discression when under 10% bodyfat. You'll know when you are near or under 10%, with the popeye veins, bony face, etc....

You can't change your bone mass, and frame ever, thats one of the only thing that sucks about used to being big.

As far as losing it.

Sprints
Jumping Toe Touches
Jumpsquats
Prowlers
Deadlifts(lighter, between sets of sprints)

Don't Jog
Dont stairclimb
Don't Row Machine
Don't Eliptical
Basically, dont slow twitch low testosterone as much as possible.
Heck, dont even ride your bike
Heck, don't even walk into the grocery store slow
Dont do anything slow
Try not to eat more than 50 calories worth of nuts in the middle of the night

Dont go too low of calories
Don't go too low on carbs
Recognize when to eat more when way too timid/recovery

If you can follow all of that, you'll keep all of your muscle, wont have loose skin, and still have powerful legs to do it again.

Slow twitch cardio is the devil.

Top Bottom